IGNORED

Multiple bikers down in Arizona

Guest tx2sturgis

Guest tx2sturgis

This is a terrible tragedy. The truck driver who caused this says he was 'shuffling through paper work'. Yeah right. More likely he was texting. Whichever, I think anyone who recklessly kills a biker while piloting a deadly weapon should be hanged, but I will settle for manslaughter charges and several years in the crossbar hotel.

Ironically, this disaster happened on a road called the 'Carefree Highway'!

:puzzled:

Yall be careFULL out there!

http://www.azcentral.com/community/northvalley/articles/2010/03/25/20100325phoenix-motorcycle-crash-abrk.html

http://www.azcentral.com/12news/news/articles/2010/03/27/20100327driver-in-phoenix-motorcycle-crash-CP.html

http://www.azcentral.com/commphotos/azcentral/14118/1/29

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid30311461001?bctid=74178410001

http://i.azcentral.com/commphotos/view/354595.jpg

Edited by tx2sturgis

Guest tx2sturgis

Well I been on the road......not the first time I missed some content on here!

Edited by tx2sturgis

Where ya been we had a thread on here when it happened. It's up to 4 dead now. It's absolutely terrible and as far as I can find out the truck driver hasn't been charged yet. I'm not really sure why he hasn't either.

Margaret

As for the charges - there are a few things here. It is likely that 1) the prosecutor will wait until any folks in unstable condition to stabilize (either for better or worse) so that the appropriate charges can be filed 2) the investigation is still ongoing 3) the police/prosecutor's office has not released any more information to the press 4) the truck driver's lawyer or any of the motorcyclist's lawyers have requested that information on the matter NOT be released at this time (typically to maintain the integrity of a potential jury pool)

Just some thoughts with respect to the charges (or lack thereof).

In todays Victoria paper, a heroin addict with a record who was pissed off at his girlfriend ran a red light and killed a motorcyclist in Aug 2008. In Nov 2009 he was sentenced to 4 years for manslaughter and 1 year for leaving the scene. He will get 2 years off because he has already spent 1 year in custody. He will get more time off for good behavior and probably parole and early release. In other words, a slap on the wrist. It is not the worst sentencing I have seen but it comes close.

In the same paper I see that the public is keeping up comments about Solicitor General Heed's idiotic remarks concerning motorcycles and safety. Good! I have been in Edmonton for a few days so I am sure I missed some.

My prayers are with the family and friends of those who lost their lives. Not to long ago I lost 3 very good friends and have another who will never ride again, we rode together for 11 years, due to a drunk driver that crossed a double yellow and drove through the group as they were topping a hill. The young man in the car did not have a license due to several Dui's. He is now serving 3 life sentences for manslaghter. Although I was not with them when they died I am still deeply affected by the accident because I was supposed to be with them when they died and had to pull out of the ride at the last minute. Since then I have felt really guilty at times for not being with them. I know it doesn't make sense but that is how I have felt since the accident. My point in this is, and I know it goes without saying, families always grieve when they loose love ones but is is also important for their friends and riding partners to allow themselves to grieve and for us as a large family with a common passion to always be their. Although I'm new to this board it doesn't take long to see the passion in those who dwell here and i know if I needed help even though none of you know me, you would.. I'm very thankfull for that and to be a part hobby with such caring people..... And, thanks for allowing me to ramble..

David

... PRAYERS for healing for those injured, for peace for the families of those who died, and for WISDOM in our law enforcement agencies, including the courts.

DOT failed all of us with this driver in it's laws. He deserves a life sentence for everyone he killed, and more additional for such tragic injuries.

IS IT TIME? ... >>> for all of us to ride on Washington, or somewhere, to alert those incharge of envorcement in our courts, etc., to REALLY .... do there jobs, ... IN ADVANCE of such accidents due to driver negligence?

Just my 2cents worth.

Jack Z