IGNORED

oil level

REDRIDER52

Has any one else notice that with the front raked that the oil level in site gage at 3.5qt oil is above the gage filled mine to top of gage which is not the full 3.5 qt that the mannual calls for will this cause any problems on starving the motor on oil

Has any one else notice that with the front raked that the oil level in site gage at 3.5qt oil is above the gage filled mine to top of gage which is not the full 3.5 qt that the mannual calls for will this cause any problems on starving the motor on oil

It shouldn't cause any problems. Carefull you don't overfill to where it'll cause foaming. On the amount. There are a lot of nooks and cranies where old oil will remain after draining and you may not need to fill to factory specs. Put in 3 quarts and then fill to the middle of the inspection window a bit at a time.

• 3 weeks later...

RAKED????? What the HEEDOUBELEL - did you turn a Venture into a chopper???

Its kinda like when I did the tank venting --the 6 deg rake (EZ-STEER) tilts everything down a bit, I am keeping my oil level at 1/2 at the site glass. and yes the front

end is lowered. I think that there is still plenty of oil splash in the engine to get everything lubed right. I do not see any extra oil any place .

just me 2 cents.

Jeff