IGNORED

Battery Bypass, Right Wire?

Prairiehammer: According to my service manual covering 86-93 xvz1300, the battery sensor wire is suppose to be the white with red stripe. Can't find any mention of the green with blue stripe for the sensor.

Yes, you are correct. The sensor's green/blue lead ultimately hooked into the white with red stripe at the harness. Sorry for the confusion.

The more I think about it, I don’t understand why you would care to have a relay if wired to the acc terminal.

As I explained in my previous post; the driving lights wired to the ACC terminal directly means that the potentially high current draw (possibly 100 watts if using typical halogen driving lights) is flowing through the ignition switch via the accessory circuit. And if you have other accessories hooked to the same ACC terminal, the current through the ignition switch can be excessive.

The driving lights will certainly work wired through the ACC terminal, but in addition to the load on the ignition switch, the wiring in the harness may be too small for full light efficacy. If the driving lights are low wattage LED, then a relay may not be required.

When I replaced the stock fuse block on my Ventures, I incorporated a relay into a dedicated accessory circuit. Virtually no current added to the ignition switch.

Prairiehammer 1991 Fuse AFTER.jpg