IGNORED

brake question

Hi guys.

When I got my bike last year it had brand new front rotors on it and the brakes were not very good. I asked and was told it would take a few hundred miles for the pads to seat nicely. I put on a couple thousand and am still really disappointed with the front brakes. The back will lock up easily and does too often because I think I am over-compensating for the fronts. The odd thing is I've read that some people find the fronts very touchy.

So, what is your experience?

Hey Cam,

Your RSTC II has two piston calipers on both rotors up front. The Rotor material is relatively hard compared to lets say a First Gen. VR for example. One option would be to go to a set of EBC HH Sintered Brake Pads which would "bite" into the Rotor harder than organic pads.

Because your bike is roughly 700 pounds and you have two piston calipers up front, you are putting a lot of heat into the pistons in the calipers. You didn't say how many miles you have on your bike total, but some things to check would be when was the last time you did a brake fluid flush on the braking system? Do you in fact have a caliper that is sticking, which generates extra heat and contributes to "brake fade". Is there air in the front brake system? A brake fluid flush and bleed may solve your problem.

If you just want to take your braking to a whole different level then have a look at this link:

http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/showproduct.php/product/2445/cat/500

I can ultrasonically clean and completely rebuild BOTH front calipers for $80.00 plus the return shipping. I also sell the EBC HH Sintered pads.

If I can help you with any of this, or if you have other questions, please feel free to PM me.:thumbsup2:

Earl