IGNORED

Windshield Recommendation?

Oldslow

Windscreen is too high...Need a replacement I don't have to look through. Was also concerned about buffeting for my passenger.

Any thoughts?

Maybe pick one up that's shorter and wider with a vent?? The vent will lessen the low pressure buffeting..... ??

Check out the clearview screen. They have a nice one with a vent. Its a little thicker and stronger than stock. (Unless you fall over like me and smash the dang thing!)

Buying from Yammi Canada will cost you three times as much as a new clearview.

I've got the Yamaha short/wide shield. I can see over it no problem and don't get any buffeting. My wife gets a bit more airflow than with the stock shield, but it's clean air, with no buffeting. As long as I keep it mostly under 85 (indicated), she's happy. I doubt I'd ever go back to the stock shield. I don't like looking through them, either.

You can cut the stock shield to get an idea of how high you want it. I found the width helped buffeting a lot. I like a roto-zip to cut them but a jig-saw with the right blade works Ok. I have a custom chrome from JCW for 7 years the price is right and I like the height. Rod

That ClearView does look interesting. I like the idea of a vent for the stated reasons...It could certainly help with the buffeting...

I'm an average build about 5'11". What would be a good height to order? Or perhaps I should cut the OEM unit and just keep track of the amount of cutoff?

thnx guys. Very helpful for me and the missus!

That ClearView does look interesting. I like the idea of a vent for the stated reasons...It could certainly help with the buffeting...

I'm an average build about 5'11". What would be a good height to order? Or perhaps I should cut the OEM unit and just keep track of the amount of cutoff?

thnx guys. Very helpful for me and the missus!

The standard height of a 1stGen windshield is 22". I have one on the '91 that's 18" and wider. Don't know who made it?? The jury's still out on how it preforms. I'm 6'6" and look over everything....

I install a Slipstream short screen $120. I am 5'8" and had to get use to the "wind in the face " again. I wear a 3/4 helmet with Bollie sun glasses that wrap around the side of my eyes. BUT... I never travel very fast because there are on expressways for 100 miles from home.

Cb