IGNORED

Clock Ideas and Alternatives

rumboogy

Just curious...I know that there is a CLOCK in the tripmeter area, but it is hard to get to for just a glance. And I have my Zumo 660 hanging out over the gas cap. I have looked at the "Formotion" Clocks, however none of them will work because of the curves in the bars.

I was hoping to find a nice clock to put somewhere near the right side brake reservoir, or near the handlebar controls...

Let's see some "innovative" clock placements please.

Thanks,

Wally

I did see that one...and it looks great, but at $76 bucks, I would want to know if anyone else has this clock and where on the bar they have it. I would like to put it up close to the bend (nearest to the grips).

Thanks though.

Wally

I just leave my instrument display on the clock all of the time.

I don't generally need to know how many miles are on my bike at any given time and I can check the trip meter when I stop for gas.

AND I don't usually care what time it is either, don't even carry a watch.....

Just me though.

BOO

my wife has one of these on her shadow...She loves it.

David

http://www.clocks4bikes.com/?gclid=CNDr-L-hw58CFdRM5QodL2yK3g

Painter man...are you talking about the switchhousing mount. That one does look interesting...if this is the one you have, can you tell me how it looks and how far out it sticks?

Here is the switch housing mount:

http://www.clocks4bikes.com/Switch_Housing_Mount_Clock.html

Thanks,

Wally

no she actually has the handlebar mount one. It will hook anywhere on the bar with a simple set screw in the bottom.

http://www.clocks4bikes.com/handlebar.html

David

I have that one on my RSTD. I got the one without backlighting since it said it had a luminous dial, but the luminosity lasts about 30 minutes after the sun goes down, and then can't be seen. So I'd say the one with the backlighting is better, but requires you to run 12volts to it.

I have that one on my RSTD. I got the one without backlighting since it said it had a luminous dial, but the luminosity lasts about 30 minutes after the sun goes down, and then can't be seen. So I'd say the one with the backlighting is better, but requires you to run 12volts to it.

Thats not necesarily true.Lauras has a button located at the botom . when you push it the entire clock lites up. And we dont have 12volt ran to it. It works off of the internal batteries.

David

Just curious...I know that there is a CLOCK in the tripmeter area, but it is hard to get to for just a glance. And I have my Zumo 660 hanging out over the gas cap. I have looked at the "Formotion" Clocks, however none of them will work because of the curves in the bars.

I was hoping to find a nice clock to put somewhere near the right side brake reservoir, or near the handlebar controls...

Let's see some "innovative" clock placements please.

Thanks,

Wally

Don't know where you have been, I have the formation clock and therometer mounted on my handlebar.:confused24:

Ok, I know it's cheap but - a $20 Timex with a rubber wristband strapped around the handlebar under the brake reservoir works like store bought.

This is what I do - works like a charm. I have at least 5-6 leftover freebie sports watches from sports illustrated subscriptions, etc. I either strap them to the bar like it is a wrist or pull the band off and put double sided tape or Velcro on the back of the watch face and just stick it to the reservoir or down towards the neck triple tree area to keep it out of the weather. If the battery is not replaceable - I just toss it and use one of the other leftovers.

Cb up in Mountain home. I too want a better medthod for time. Mostly to get home before the school buses hit the back roads in the afternoon.

What I did on my Wave runner was to go to Walmart and buy the cheapest, easy to use and largest dial watch and valcro it to the dash.

I just have not done the Venture yet.

I am also one of those that stop wearing a watch 5 years ago. If I really need to know what time it is I look a my cell phone. I just can not see the Venture clock.

Cb

Cb again, somewhere on a Venture forum ( I belong to 3 Venture Forums) I saw a clock the was mounted in the right speaker housing. It was hard wired and about the same size as the gauge sets the replace the cass. player. I have seached everywhere for this clock but can not find one. I think the photo showed a white Venture with the gauge set installed and in the corner of the photo was the clock.

Any info on where I can get this clock please let me know.... thank you.

Cb

When I purchased MyPalomino she had this small analog clock attached to the dashboard (near left speaker) with double-sided tape. It has held without any problem and is very easy to see, except at night. It does not have any backlight features. OK with me because I try not to do a lot of night riding. Replaced the battery one time. It must be waterproof because bike has seen plenty of rain.

Later on, I'll go out to the garage and see if I can get the manufacturer's name.

OK...just ordered one of the switch housing clocks. I tried to call, but got an answering machine...

I went ahead and ordered because this video cleared up a lot for me.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZwowJljqRk]YouTube- Switch Housing Mount Install Video[/ame]