IGNORED

Mouse Nest in Airbox now in Motor, Any Damage?

Hello everyone,

Happy New Year!! I have a situation that I need some help with. My 1996 Royal Star wound up with a mouse nest in the airbox, unknown to me, and has been ingested into the motor. The nest seems to be just soft debris. What if any problems could come from this?

It's hard to say what the damage might be, maybe nothing as all the materials are somewhat soft. Worst case is it will score the cylider wall if hard particles are present.

I'm no expert by any means, but my gearhead approach would tell me to do a few things. 1st is obviously DONT turn the motor over anymore than it has been. I would remove the carbs completely and see how much debris is in the intake manifolds. I would also remove the plugs from the cylinders and see if you could shove a pen light down in there to illuminate the cylinders to see if there is material in there. If you have a shop vacI would modify the hose by adding a smaller vacuume line and tape it for a leak proof seal. Use this to suck out and material thats present. You might also want to take some compressed air set on a light pressure and blow some of it out in conjunction with the vacuume. This is what I would if it were mine, there might be a better way that I'm not privvy to, others will chime in I'm sure.

Yeah what Squid said! Go slow and whatever ya do be careful not to cause more damage or make the problem bigger than it has to be.:080402gudl_prv:

Boomer.....who sez ya should contact Bubber here....he has a ton of cheese to give away and that might help keep those meeses away from yer scoot.:whistling:

Squidley gave great advice, I would add that if the engine was running when this happened, then chances are everything is burned up and gone by now. If you were just trying to start and it never fired, there may be stuff left in there.

Good point about the air filter, if the nest was outside the filter (but you said you confirmed it made it into the carbs? I would be more concerned about stuff messing with the carbs, so be sure to take them apart and clean them.

Let us know how it goes!

unless he chewed through the air filter, or you did not have one, nothing should go into the engine

Who has determined it is a MALE mouse? Has Homeland Security confirmed this to be an act of terrorism? Anybody call de White House yet?:rotf:

Boomer.....who knows dem female meeses can be hell on 4 paws.:whistling: