IGNORED

road king exhaust

Guest hoss3

I borrowed a set of screaming eagles with about 90000 miles on them this last weekend all my buddies said they sounded awesome the wife still had a drone in her ears the day after a 300 mile ride! Needless to say Im going to have to try something a little different!

Careful. The 06 RK muffs Have Cats in them. You need 97-2005 They will fit but you need special brackets. I think Sofapilot makes them on the site.

In '08 they started to place the cat in the manifold, so the slip-on's from '08 to pres are also cat free... Didn't take 'm long to figure out that putting cat's in the mufflers wasn't such a great idea... :)

And.... I don't know what the dealer gave me for RK's, but compared to the sound of the

RK's on the '07 the '04 trike are nasty!! :sign woo hoo:

Edited by Condor

• 3 years later...
I installed the Road King mufflers last night on mine. You need two 1 3/4 chrome clamps. I bought them from J P Cycles. They are 3/4 inch wide and cover the area nicely. Next you need the Brackets to hold up the back. There are a few ways to do it. I used the ones I bought from another member. If I remember right ECK can send you the drawing and spec for the Brackets. Gonna be hard to get them slid up enough but a little light force and they go on. Keep in mind the 2006 and later ones have Catalytic converters in it so they are no good. 97-2005 is good. Also there are two cuts. the end has a slash cut on one type and the other has a flat back. Both are the same. There are also different types of Drilling the baffles to make them a little louder. I put them on first with out driling and tested how loud. I wanted a little louder so I drilled to Phase I which is 4 holes 1/2 inch in the first plate you see when you look in the inlet. Perfect for me. I like the sound. Not too loud but more than stock.

what happens if you take out the ceramic cat part? or would it be too loud ??

"P" clamp is easiest way to do it in my opinion. I think it takes a 3/4", the bolt to go in the nut on muffler is a 1/4x20 about maybe 3/8 long. As far as knocking the CAT material out, you can buttttt the videos I saw Harley guys posted its a PIA. Certainly not worth it when you can pick up non-cat mufflers cheap enough.