IGNORED

Black Friday sales for bike stuff

atlm

I'd like to start a thread about Black Friday sales, for bike related stuff that might interest riders here. I'll start it with a couple of deals I've seen.

PEP Boys:

- the Torin 1500 lb lift for $50 (after $20 rebate). It's normally $90-$100 there and at Northern Tools.

Cycle Gear:

- the Whistler 3300 Bluetooth headset for $99.99. Your can pre-order it now, and they'll ship it on Black Friday.

- Scorpion EXO-400 Sting helmet for $69.95

- Battery Tender Jr. for $19.99

- on Cyber Monday (the 30th) is showing Dunlop 404 tires will be on sale. I know they aren't as good as Avons and others, but for those looking for inexpensive tires, this is an FYI.

:)

I'm opening an online parts store in conjunction with my service business. Of course Venture stuff has been my first priority for the catalog.

I really hadn't planned to open yet but saw this thread and decided to have a pre-opening sale. So through Monday Nov. 30 everything is 20% off. This is only advertised to VentureRider guinnea.....er, members.

Please be aware that I do not yet have inventory of most items and it'll probably be 4 weeks or so until you receive your order.

Here it is: http://www.thundervalleypower.com/store/

No real deals in south Florida, all the shops, said sales, but after riding around to each shop, no one showed, cut prices. some of the old used harleys where alittle cheaper, but talking to some of the people, I go the history on the bikes. again, no great deals .

And, the Yamaha shop, raised the prices on there bikes buy 2000. dollars, and showd a cut of 1500. on the 08-09 models.

Nothing but scams

I had been looking for a rsbly. priced bluetooth helmet and was particularly drawn to the Vemar CKQI, which was given pretty favorable review on WebbikeWorld. For weeks, Motorcycle Superstore had the best advertised price on the helmet at $319.00 so imagine my surprise when I went to the following site and found that same helmet was on special sale from Motorcycle Superstore for $200.00.

http://automotive.become.com/vemar-ckqi-motorcycle-helmet--compare-prices--sc779650867

If you go directly to MC Superstore site, it is still priced at the $319.00. I don't know if it was a mistaken listing, but the order has been placed and approved. Anyone interested in going wireless might consider this helmet.

Jerry

Looks like the mistake was mine. Thanks dragerman. Upon closer review, I see that there is a bluetooth and non-bluetooth version of this helmet, with different item numbers. Webbikeworld review didn't even mention a non-bluetooth version, but I forgot the first rule of comparison shopping...if it sounds too good to be true.... Guess I got Black Friday syndrome.

I have cancelled the order. Fortunately, MC Superstore is a reputable company to do business with and I used PayPal.

Looks like the mistake was mine. Thanks dragerman. Upon closer review, I see that there is a bluetooth and non-bluetooth version of this helmet, with different item numbers. Webbikeworld review didn't even mention a non-bluetooth version, but I forgot the first rule of comparison shopping...if it sounds too good to be true.... Guess I got Black Friday syndrome.

I have cancelled the order. Fortunately, MC Superstore is a reputable company to do business with and I used PayPal.

Been there, done that... we're looken out for ya!