Hi there, can anyone recommend a retrofit for the rear air shock and compressor system for the first gen bikes?.... mine is toast and I think I want to just install a quality monoshock and chuck all the old components.

thanks for any advice

Gary

If you have the CLASS (built in compressor), most likely problem is cold solder joints, on the controller board.

Progressive Suspension 420 Series http://progressivesuspension.com/productsearch.aspx

No pricing on line, you will probably need the 420-1014. I think this, is in the $500. USD range.

Works Performance lists one for the 1st gen $689. USD http://www.worksperformance.com/html/street.html

:080402gudl_prv::canada:

Im real lo-tech, my ? went south and i got tired of fiddling with it so i took out the compressor and installed vales in the ends of the air lines, and use a small bike pump and tire pressure guage to check. i ride mostly solo so theres not alot of adjusting. not as convenient but it was cheap, easy, and it works till I can get the $ for something more pemanant. used to check the pressure every ride but found that it holds air perfect so i only check once in a while

Im real lo-tech, my ? went south and i got tired of fiddling with it so i took out the compressor and installed vales in the ends of the air lines, and use a small bike pump and tire pressure guage to check. i ride mostly solo so theres not alot of adjusting. not as convenient but it was cheap, easy, and it works till I can get the $ for something more pemanant. used to check the pressure every ride but found that it holds air perfect so i only check once in a while

I also removed the control panel and compressor and added separate air valves. I installed the valves with pressure gauges in the compressor cover behind the seat. Now I simply peek behind the seat to check air pressure and fill with a hand pump carried in a saddle bag.

This sounds like a logical solution to my problem..... on another note, If I take out the control head and CB radio{which I will never use} is there any drop-in filler trays to fill the area in the front fairing? Would be a good place for gloves etc. I think the older basic Ventures just had a plastic cover over a storage bin?

cheers, Gary

dont know about the controll head space, i left mine there so i would have access to the coolant reservoir. the fairing is off of mine for a few more days, so i cant get a pic right now, but the cb sits in a plastic box with a lip at the bottom. i cut a piece plexi glass and dropped it down inside with a little adhesive and viola, storage. used the cb cover plate, black spray paint and screwed in a knob on the face and i got covered storage. I did the same with the stereo. its a great spot for smokes, lighter cell phone tire guage, etc. i will try and get some pics up soon,