IGNORED

What bugs me is....

Condor

Every time I go to post a new thread and enter the subject line this damn frame pops up with suggestions about other threads that might possibily have something to do with what I'm posting about. It's a PITA. Any way I can turn the thing off???

Good morning Jack!!

The feature was added not to long ago. I believe the intent is that if you go to add a new thread about a subject that has previously been discussed, you can review the old thread a possibly find your answer there without having to create a new thread.

It can be somewhat annoying but also a quick way to find an answer.

Dave

Good morning Jack!!

The feature was added not to long ago. I believe the intent is that if you go to add a new thread about a subject that has previously been discussed, you can review the old thread a possibly find your answer there without having to create a new thread.

It can be somewhat annoying but also a quick way to find an answer.

Dave

Mornin' Dave... :) I know what the reason for the pop up is, but I wonder how usefull the feature really is, and how many posters actually change their mind and pick a suggestion?? I still think it's a PITA.....

Actually I use that when I try to find a subject that may have been discussed earlier.

Heck I may be the only one........ LOL

I also use the feature that finds posts that I have replied to and I have found stuff that I knew I responded to but couldn't remember the details about the post.

I belong to forums that do have pathetic search engines, but this one is the best that I have seen, and have told Don that.

Condor, the thing that pops up when you start a new thread is probably meant for folks that are not in the habit of using the search function.

I use is all the time.

Steve

I have found that function to be very helpful as well. It seems to be a perfect tool to go along with the search engine and has saved me time and kept me from starting threads that would have been redundant. I use it just like a search engine sometimes...

In other words... I like it.:thumbsup2:

Over the past couple years I have seen cases where the same joke gets posted multiple times by different people. I would think this feature cuts down on that...some.

I like it because when I start a thread about something, it helps to see if what I'm going to post has already been posted (the reason for the feature) and it saves me the process, plus, it doesn't double-up on the same thing... I can just add to the end of what's already there.

'course, ya'll already know this and it doesn't answer Jack's question .... I just like typing a whole lot of nuthin... :scratchchin:

Hey Condor,

I used the search button a little bit ago to search for a "clean garage" and by golly, your name just wouldn't come up...whats with that..??

Dang, I guess the search button is useless...:rasberry:

:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

:sign just kidding:

:cool18:

Hey Condor,

I used the search button a little bit ago to search for a "clean garage" and by golly, your name just wouldn't come up...whats with that..??

Dang, I guess the search button is useless...:rasberry:

:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

:sign just kidding:

Now, that is funny.

Hey Condor, just imagine all the cool stuff that you'd find in there.

Over the past couple years I have seen cases where the same joke gets posted multiple times by different people. I would think this feature cuts down on that...some.

I like it because when I start a thread about something, it helps to see if what I'm going to post has already been posted (the reason for the feature) and it saves me the process, plus, it doesn't double-up on the same thing... I can just add to the end of what's already there.

'course, ya'll already know this and it doesn't answer Jack's question .... I just like typing a whole lot of nuthin... :scratchchin:

I think SilvrT is right, its there for old guys like him who can't remember whehter theyve posted their joke or not....:stickpoke:

As far as I am concerned tho, I found it kind distracting the first few posts, now I just ignore it..

Brian

• 6 years later...
Actually I use that when I try to find a subject that may have been discussed earlier.

Heck I may be the only one........ LOL

I also use the feature that finds posts that I have replied to and I have found stuff that I knew I responded to but couldn't remember the details about the post.

I do find that useful but maybe place it near the search bar.... just a thought

To answer the question after all this time, no, it can not be turned off. It is either enabled for all or for none. Sorry, that's just the way it works. I understand that some don't like it but I think that the majority find it useful.