Going to Order the 64 bit Ultimate Full version this Sunday.

Doing the full format thing From XP Pro.

I am hearing nothing but positive feedback about 7 so far.

(UP-DATE) 11/05/09

Well I got both Windows 7 in last Friday.

I got the Windows 7 Pro (32 bit) for my Dell Mini

and I got the windows 7 Ultimate (64 bit ) for my main system

all I can say coming from a die hard XP fan , that this new environment is wonderful!

I Will NOT go back.!

The 32 bit W7 pro for my mini is running twice as fast on only (ONE MEG OF RAM)!

Xp is only supported for another 2 years or so as well.

I even went one step farther and ordered a new drive for both systems just in case.

this was not going to work, they are so cheap now anyways. both of my original

drives are on the shelf, I will place them back in and wipe them clean for extra storage

later.

NOTE: You do not want to up-grade from XP , Since it will not do a very good Job.

I also am trying and so far so good is FIREFOX and Thundered Email Client , I am seeing that

both of these run much smoother and better then IE ever has.

(these are just my opinions in this subject)

Some love Vista, Some want to stay with XP as long as they can!

I say stay with it if you love it!

Jeff

Edited by Cougar
Up-Date

• 2 weeks later...

Don't got no Windoze7, don't want no Windoze7. Same for Vista crud, only I'd say that all in caps! Got XP running on lotsa different computers, and it does just fine, so why would I even consider changing? I'd probably go back to Linux before I spent any money on new Windoze licenses and associated M$ software. The only thing worse is Mac idiocy. I've been forced to use those toys many times in my career, and I've hated them every time. The Mac was even the standard computer when we started Perot Systems - that lasted a few years before we all decided we really needed to do some actual work! The PC and M$ Windoze is a long shot from the perfect combination, but at least they don't treat the user as some sort of idiot who is too stupid to know what they really want to do with the software. Oh well, youse pays your money and takes your chances . . .

Computers are like motorcycles - everyone has their own likes and dislikes, and there is no reason we all need to like the same thing. My only recommendation is that that you don't upgrade unless there is some specific benefit you know you want (and will get!) from the new software.

We run all XP here at work. We bought 30 new PC's last spring as business has increased (we now have 75 workstations). Those new ones came with Vista with an option to downgrade to XP so that's what I did. We will stay with XP for as long as possible before we upgrade. No real reason to change OS.

My home PC runs Vista Home Premium and for the little amount I use it, it will be a long time before I upgrade to Win7. No reason to spend the bucks on that when I can put it towards more SAFETY CHROME for the scoot :D

I have very little computer expertise, although I do have a desktop and three notebooks which I use for home and business work. Like many, I had little problem with XP in the past, and major frustrations with Vista which came on 3 of my 4 current computers. My son-in-law gave me a legitimate Window 7 Ultimate package (he is in the IT business) and I installed it a few days ago on one of my notebooks. So far, it is as stable as I recall XP was but with many significant improvements that I like more each day. Before you decide to upgrade, you can do a compatibility test in just minutes that will tell you whether any programs and/or devices such as printers may have a current compatibility problem. My experience with Vista was that there were just too many compatibility problems and it took way to long for most of those to be resolved by Microsoft or by vendors of printers etc. such as HP (and too many were never resolved). Based on my experience upgrading to Windows 7, I think the key issue for people such as myself is knowing whether any of your programs or hardware will not work.