IGNORED

CROW Convention

SilvrT

Every morning flocks of crows fly overhead our house towards the East. Every evening they fly overhead West. Tonight they decided to stop over for a convention! Man, what a noise they made. They "convened" for about 1/2 hour ... some would leave and others would join... it was an amazing sight. Even the airplanes were trying to join...

I had a good sized crew of those suckers hanging around our company a while back. I was out back one day on a break and the lil beggers decided to keep me and my snack company. It turned into "their" snack quick enough. They like Cheetos. A lot.

Same thing next day. I got three Cheetos before the fight started.

The next day I had a game plan. I gave up a few Cheetos willingly. After they got ahold of those first three they gave me what I assume was a crow verison of a butt chewing and left me alone. They haven't bothered me since.

So If you desire a little time alone with your snack and have crows around..........throw them a few Hot & Crunchy Cheetos dipped in Red Devil Hot Sauce.

They still come around, they watch, they stare me down.....but the Cheetos are mine now. They have good memories.

I had a good sized crew of those suckers hanging around our company a while back. I was out back one day on a break and the lil beggers decided to keep me and my snack company. It turned into "their" snack quick enough. They like Cheetos. A lot.

Same thing next day. I got three Cheetos before the fight started.

The next day I had a game plan. I gave up a few Cheetos willingly. After they got ahold of those first three they gave me what I assume was a crow verison of a butt chewing and left me alone. They haven't bothered me since.

So If you desire a little time alone with your snack and have crows around..........throw them a few Hot & Crunchy Cheetos dipped in Red Devil Hot Sauce.

They still come around, they watch, they stare me down.....but the Cheetos are mine now. They have good memories.

That reminds me of the fellow officer that worked with me a few years back. Young kid and he found out real quick that the Warden takes such good care that I need a large lunch box to hold all the goodies I carried. Feeding him was getting bad enough to put him on my tax return until I brought fried chicken one night. No idea how that pepper spray got on that chicken. Or maybe I do. I sprayed it three times and let it soak into the piece I left for him!! I still hear about that one!!!:rotfl:

While visiting Yellowstone last year several crows paid us a visit. The pulled a zipper back on my buddies bike and "stole" some of his snacks. I have a pic but can't post it somehow. Looks funny, 2 crows sitting on our bikes.

Those were probably not crows they were probably Ravens.

Ravens are so smart that people who study them are happy if they can trap 5 or 6 a year for banding.

They are smart enough to pull up windshield wipers up off the windshield, pull the rubber off and then place the wipers back on the windshield.

I believe the term is 'a murder of crows'

ahhhhhhhh... then I stand corrected. Yes, I did do some reading about these noisy but fascinating birds and I did see that term somewhere. Now, where's mah gun coz somedays I feel like murderin a bunch of 'em! :eek: