IGNORED

Venture Rider Down

whozleft

It was me.

Last friday afternoon on the way home from work on I-70 just east of Columbus, OH then traffic came to a very abrupt halt. Mostly due to a bunch of "I have to get in front of as many people as I can" folks who were in the left hand lane that was ending soon. Those people caused everyone to slam on their brakes because they were forceing themslves into the lane in front of everyone. The car right in front of me had to stop very quickly, I hadn;'t given myseklf enough room I guess, hit my brakes tried to get into the other lane only to see two other cars coming up to beat out as many other cars that they could. I had no choice but to hit the car in front of me. I managed to slide the bike sideways so I wouldn't hit front wheel first and go over the handlebars. I bounced off the car, and then bounced off the freeway with my bike on top of me. Ended up passsiing out and woke up as a paramedic (who was driving behind me) was holding my neck in traction until the squad got there.

I was going about 30mph at impact, my helmet, I don't always wear it, saved my skull. the squad rushed me to Grant Medical Center in Columbus with suspected head injuries based on the fact I had lost blacked out, was repeating myself to the paramedic on the squad, and the looks of my helmet. After x-rays and a CT scan they found no broken bones although I do have some road rash and muscle soreness. I couldn't walk on my left leg and that is getting better each day.

The right side of the bike sustained the most damage and the insurance company has been great to work with. I should know more in the next two days about whether they will repair it or decide to total it out. No one else got hurt and I am so thankful for that.

All in all I am one very blessed man.

There is one thing they did find wrong when they did the CT scan. I have some enlarged lymph nodes in my chest area. The doctor gave me a list of things it could be. Or it could be nothing. I will be seeing the doctor next week to see if they want to do a biopsy to determine what is wrong. I have a history of cancer in my family so I do have some concerns. I would appreciate any prayers for that situation.

Ride safe!

Your wreck could be a blessing in disguise if those turn out to be malignant - as catching that stuff as early as possible is usually the best way to do it.

Glad you came out as well as you did though!

My thoughts and prayers for you and your family. Hope it all turns out to be nothing or if it is something that it can get taken care of quickly and as painless as possible.

Gdspeed.

Rick

yes, you are blessed. you have nothing majorly wrong. you should be up and around like new soon. the bike can be repaired / replaced. I am glad it was not more than that.

Let's just hope the lymph nodes have been scared shiftless and swollen and that they will be ok.

Gary, thank goodness you are ok from the accident and we'll be praying for you during your tests! Hang in there!! Continue to get better, I know how hard it can be, I had to relearn how to walk after a parachute accident broke all the bones in my right leg into small pieces!

It was me.

Last friday afternoon on the way home from work on I-70 just east of Columbus, OH then traffic came to a very abrupt halt. Mostly due to a bunch of "I have to get in front of as many people as I can" folks who were in the left hand lane that was ending soon. Those people caused everyone to slam on their brakes because they were forceing themslves into the lane in front of everyone. The car right in front of me had to stop very quickly, I hadn;'t given myseklf enough room I guess, hit my brakes tried to get into the other lane only to see two other cars coming up to beat out as many other cars that they could. I had no choice but to hit the car in front of me. I managed to slide the bike sideways so I wouldn't hit front wheel first and go over the handlebars. I bounced off the car, and then bounced off the freeway with my bike on top of me. Ended up passsiing out and woke up as a paramedic (who was driving behind me) was holding my neck in traction until the squad got there.

I was going about 30mph at impact, my helmet, I don't always wear it, saved my skull. the squad rushed me to Grant Medical Center in Columbus with suspected head injuries based on the fact I had lost blacked out, was repeating myself to the paramedic on the squad, and the looks of my helmet. After x-rays and a CT scan they found no broken bones although I do have some road rash and muscle soreness. I couldn't walk on my left leg and that is getting better each day.

The right side of the bike sustained the most damage and the insurance company has been great to work with. I should know more in the next two days about whether they will repair it or decide to total it out. No one else got hurt and I am so thankful for that.

All in all I am one very blessed man.

There is one thing they did find wrong when they did the CT scan. I have some enlarged lymph nodes in my chest area. The doctor gave me a list of things it could be. Or it could be nothing. I will be seeing the doctor next week to see if they want to do a biopsy to determine what is wrong. I have a history of cancer in my family so I do have some concerns. I would appreciate any prayers for that situation.

Ride safe!

we got you covered buddy. glad you had that helmet on. sounds like the main man is taking care of you. bill :2133:

Gary, you are a blessed man.. Someone was watching out for you in that you didnt get run over by one of those moving cars changing lanes.

Glad to hear no broken bones and that your just a little sore and a few scratches.

Those "reminders" will be there for a while but hopefully we will see you back on the road soon.

I was going about 30mph at impact, my helmet, I don't always wear it, saved my skull.

A short while ago one of the new members posted something asking the ladies what kind of headband his girlfriend should wear, to keep her hair from blowing, 'cause she didn't like wearing a helmet. Am I wrong :confused24: to ask; "What was he thinking???" :think:

I'm very thankful you're well enough to come here and share it with us. It never hurts to have a reminder of how quick these things happen.

Just the other day I was daydreaming and looking off somewhere and the cars in front of me came to an abrupt stop.

I just barely stopped in time.

Gary,

Like others have said, sorry you went down but it could have been a blessing in disguise. Hopefully the enlarged lymph nodes are nothing but if that is not the case, then it is probably good that they found them when they did. The Lord works in mysterious ways. My own cancer was discovered due to a totally unrelated event and it hopefully saved my life. I will certainly keep you in my prayers.

Gary, the good thing is your here to tell us the story. I have been down and it's no fun, I do get sick of hearing about the circumstanses that lead to it. Your in our thoughts for a quick recovery and that the pic is nothing to worry about. Take care of yourself and as you already know, the spirit up stairs is in control...all the best.