IGNORED

Heel-Toe Shifter Options

I like the heel-toe shifter on my RSV. I do not like the black coverings for the contact parts for your feet - I replaced mine with those Kuryakyn ones, and I do not like those either.

I LOVE the heel-toe shifter on my '06 Stratoliner. So I want something like that on my RSV.

Anyone got any ideas on aftermarket or something to give me that? Also after riding my Strat - my RSV's shifting feels "spongy" compared to my Strat - any suggestions on how to improve that as well?

TIA!

I have been using the set from Yamaha for close to a year now - love them ... yes, they do fasten with a set screw, they also come with a Craazy Glue tube - use a couple of drops on each peg prior to slipping on the chrome peg cover - works great - make sure you get the peg on the way you want it - they don't move once you slide them on

Just providing options.

ALWAYS appreciated! I am just concerned that it might be a tad pricey, but I will look into it of course. I am hoping someone has "been there done that" kinda thing. All suggestions are welcome and I do appreciate it - I was just razzin ya little. Thank you!

:thumbsup2:

I have been using the set from Yamaha for close to a year now - love them ... yes, they do fasten with a set screw, they also come with a Craazy Glue tube - use a couple of drops on each peg prior to slipping on the chrome peg cover - works great - make sure you get the peg on the way you want it - they don't move once you slide them on

How "snug" do those doodads fit over the existing metal posts - I have removed the rubber that was once around them, can I assume you had to do the same thing when you put those on?

• 2 weeks later...

I just got a 96 Tour Classic and it has the Chrome covers on the floorboards and the rubber strips are gone so they are very slick. I do not want to buy the replacement rubbers as they are $$$ and I like the look of the standard rubber boards. My question is how do you take the chrome covers off?? TOP CAT

IAlso after riding my Strat - my RSV's shifting feels "spongy" compared to my Strat - any suggestions on how to improve that as well?

TIA!

Well I solved the "spongy" feel - adjusted the linkage, that was also part of my shifting problem. When upshifting the bottom of the shifter was hitting the floorboard causing it to not shift correctly. What a difference. I asked the dealer to look into this last year, said they could not find anything.

:happy65:

I ordered those Yammie chrome pegs for the shifter, they should be in soon.

I just got a 96 Tour Classic and it has the Chrome covers on the floorboards and the rubber strips are gone so they are very slick. I do not want to buy the replacement rubbers as they are $$$ and I like the look of the standard rubber boards. My question is how do you take the chrome covers off?? TOP CAT

I believe they bolt from the bottom of the floorboard, push the floorboard up and look on the bottom side, I think you will see the bolts that hold the covers on. If you decide to go back with chrome Kuryakyn makes some that are less than $100 and are very nice. They are the ones that are listed for the V Star 1100.