IGNORED

Good morning

Guest scarylarry

Guest scarylarry

Good morning to everyone, Well I just pick up my 09 Venture yesterday black/red man she ride and sounds like caddy..

Only one issue the speedommeter doesn't seem to move with ease, it acts like it is hanging if I can do a fast repair or fix I will but if I need to take it to the dealer that is not a problem..

Has anyone else had this problem?

Also since I a proud owner now I will be joining today...

Thanks guys/gals

Scary

Good morning to everyone, Well I just pick up my 09 Venture yesterday black/red man she ride and sounds like caddy..

Only one issue the speedommeter doesn't seem to move with ease, it acts like it is hanging if I can do a fast repair or fix I will but if I need to take it to the dealer that is not a problem..

Thanks guys/gals

Scary

It's probably right if the speedometer goes up slowly. If you had wanted one where the speedometer wraps up real quick, you shoulda got a 1st gen. They are a lot quicker. :cool10:

All kidding aside, welcome to Ventureriders and glad to have another member from Tennessee. This is a GREAT bunch of folks and don't be shy, we like to have a lot of fun and the tech info and help is the best in the world. And, on breaking it in, I suggest to do it like ya stoled it.

RandyA

Guest scarylarry

We will have to do a meet and eat soon, I rode a many mile in east Tenn..

West Tn. only turn you make there is in to someone drive or gas station..

I was hoping maybe it would be simple to repair dealer Wednesday then

Edited by scarylarry

That's just the way it works. It's the same on mine. You'll get used to it. It's just the way they've used the black bars to indicate speed instead of an actual needle type. :thumbsup2:

Thanks guys/gals

Scary

Welcome to the VR Family!!! You have just become part of a wonderful world-wide family of bike lovers!:bighug:

Even though we live in Columbia, South Carolina, we travel on a regular basis to Athens-Huntsville, Alabama to see the kids and grandson. We try to get together with Eck and others there for either a breakfast or lunch meet and eat. As a matter of fact, we will be there Labor Day weekend and I believe a lunch on Saturday is in the workings. We would love to have you ride down and get to meet you and you to be able to meet everyone there! :clap2:

You live in a beautiful part of Tennessee (but then, what isn't beautiful about the whole state of Tennessee?!!!) Have fun riding!:thumbsup:

Once again, welcome to this site!

Ride safe,

Bobbie

Guest scarylarry

Thank you and yes we do have a great state to ride in east Nashville west is flat.

I have live here all my life and with that being said, I don't get excited about the hills, I'm more coastal of a rider than hills..

I just got back from a Maine run on a 1300 vstar tourer, I wanted to stop so bad on the way back and burn that bike, my azz was numb..

I think it was Knoxville when I said "you is gone bike"..

Might do Huntsville..

I'm call Scary from another forum, long story and real funny one too..

Will explain it in another posting

Well glad to hear you finally got it. I see you went with the black and red. Yama mama will be pleased since she said she liked that one best. I'm just glad you got it. Now I can't remember if you said you were busy or not on the 12th of Sept or not. If not there is a meet in Rome GA. Then I'd get to meet ya and see your new baby.

Have fun and don't forget to visit us in chat again.

Margaret

Thanks for the info..

It works just not like a car needle does...

No biggie, I'm riding it like I stole it....:322:

if it's like my tour deluxe the speedo is okay. there was not really a needle in there. it is digital mine jumped in increments. i thought the needle needed oiling. :sign brain fart: :sign29:.

Guest scarylarry

I'm about 30 mins. from Franklin, If I could help let let me know

Congrats on the new ride!! I was looking at a ad for a 1st Gen in Franklin last night. Very low miles. I can't keep from looking. I'm in the middle of West by God. Not that far away.

Guest scarylarry
if it's like my tour deluxe the speedo is okay. there was not really a needle in there. it is digital mine jumped in increments. i thought the needle needed oiling. :sign brain fart: :sign29:.

This is all new to me, my 1300 v-star had one that was different, might mention it to the dealer and depends on his response will depend on how well get along....

Guest scarylarry
Welcome to the site!

We'll be in Murfreesboro on the weekend of the 12th. My company (TVA) is having our big annual picnic and stuff there. We are staying at the Embassy Suites Hotel.

About 20 mins. from there.

I'll add my number and if I'm around we will meet up...I might head to Rome Ga. not for sure yet

Guest scarylarry
If you run down to Rome, we'll compare. Obviously, Seashell/Raven color is the BEST!! :dancefool:

Red/Black is faster...remember this one was EFI...:cool10:

Guest scarylarry
Yeah well mine has round wheels - so there

Yea but you got them off a black/red one.. Oh what did you do with the square ones, since they won't bolt up to a black and red one..:sign I win:

Guest scarylarry
OK, I'll give you that. Now, I'm gonna have to get some more chrome That'll show you.

I have lots of chrome so send me some :mo money: and it will be yours...

They even chrome my gas tank free of charge...Ever seen that?

Tell ya what I'm in a good mood today I'll send you my spare EFI for that one