IGNORED

MKII for sale

a1bummer

I stopped by a garage sale a few weeks ago not to far down the road from me when I saw a blue MKII for sale in the yard. It wasn't in the greatest shape. Been left outside for a while. Paint fading, clear coat flaking in spots, etc. But it could've cleaned up with some TLC. Don't know how well it ran. Thought about taking it for a test ride till I was told they wanted $4000 for it. I said, "Whatever!", and left. Am I wrong to think that $4000 is way to much for a bike like this? I figured it might be worth somewhere in the range of $2000-$2500.

What is a MKI or MKII in excellent condition worth?

If it belongs to someone here... no offence.

I bought my '89 with over 100K on the clock for $1900, it wasn't exactly what I expected, but it cleaned up very nicely and had been garage kept. $4K for a 1st gen it better be pretty near mint and always garage kept. If it was left outside in the elements, cut that price in half. The one that Freebird is selling for a friend is a great bike with lots of bling, and I would say that ones worth the $4K mark, give or take.

Guest HdHtr

First gens are great bikes. I used to tell my wifeypoo that I was gonna wear mine out and get a new bike, then I was gonna retire it a 200 thousand, now I am just gonna ride it till I drop.

But IMO, they are way over priced. I wouldn't pay anything near what a lot of them appear to go for nowadays.

If you get one, you best be prepared to service and repair it yourself cause even if you can find a dealer to work on it, most major repairs will cost more than the bike is actually worth if a dealer get's his hands on it.

First gens are great bikes. I used to tell my wifeypoo that I was gonna wear mine out and get a new bike, then I was gonna retire it a 200 thousand, now I am just gonna ride it till I drop.

But IMO, they are way over priced. I wouldn't pay anything near what a lot of them appear to go for nowadays.

If you get one, you best be prepared to service and repair it yourself cause even if you can find a dealer to work on it, most major repairs will cost more than the bike is actually worth if a dealer get's his hands on it.

Amen Brother

Guest seuadr
I stopped by a garage sale a few weeks ago not to far down the road from me when I saw a blue MKII for sale in the yard. It wasn't in the greatest shape. Been left outside for a while. Paint fading, clear coat flaking in spots, etc. But it could've cleaned up with some TLC. Don't know how well it ran. Thought about taking it for a test ride till I was told they wanted $4000 for it. I said, "Whatever!", and left. Am I wrong to think that $4000 is way to much for a bike like this? I figured it might be worth somewhere in the range of $2000-$2500.

What is a MKI or MKII in excellent condition worth?

If it belongs to someone here... no offence.

sounds like a classic case of thinking their bike is gold plated :think:

:sign yeah that: