IGNORED

The purpose of this area

Freebird

This area was created for the posting of legitimate fund raising events that are motorcycle related but being held by groups other than VenturerRiders.

There are many charitable causes out there and I often receive requests to put "stickies" on such threads in the watering hole. If I honored all those requests, the first page of the watering hole would be nothing but stickies for such causes.

So, this area was created for our members to post such things. Please note. ONLY events that are being held by recognized groups will be allowed here and only when they are raising money for verifiable charities.

Any others will be removed. Only "Supporting Members" may post to this area.

Thanks for your understanding.

or how bouts.....funds to hire a "BIG BUBBA" :whistling:

:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

Cindy, you won't have to worry about "Big Bubba". Those guys LOVE men that abuse little girls. I will be so glad when he finally get what he deserves. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Freebird,

What if the use for this area be expanded not only for Charity related fund raisers such as raffles but, for all types of humanitarian related activities. Such as opportunities for volunteering for good causes and good people. Or organizing motorcycle people to help others in whatever way they can. This site gives each of us so much that I believe there are a lot of people on this site who would appreciate finding ways of paying back or paying forward by finding ways to help others.

I know that many get tired of being hit up for contributions for one thing or the other all the time, there are so many causes seeking money. But, maybe alot of those people wouldn't mind giving in other ways. There are and will always be members of the VentureRider. org family going through hard times like you yourself have recently. Why can't this area be a way of coordinating helping each other out who may need a helping hand from time to time.

I know that we have an area for prayers but why not this area for more proactive support.

Just a thought.

Did I do this correctly by posting the following? If I have posted this wrong please advise and I will change it to what you have in mind. The links below will show the sponsoring charity this run benefits. Anyone interested and is able to come to the Joliet, IL area for this run you will have a great time. I will be the one with the black cherry RSV. Thanks, Dave

CASA's 6th Annual Motorcycle Run

July 26, 2009

“Thunder in July - Cruise for the Kids”

Get your motors running for this one! This annual event is always fun and we invite riders and spectators to join in. The event will take place rain or shine. Single Rider $25, Double Rider $30. Bikes leave Sara's Place, 3501 Channahon Road, Joliet Registration is at 9:30 AM, First bike out at 11:00 AM. The run includes JR's famous Pig Roast and Dollar Drafts. Friends and family can join the post-ride fun for only $15. There will also be a $5 cash raffle with 1st prize of $1,000, 2nd Prize of $500 and 3rd Prize of $250. Ride what you have! The event is sponsored by Bill Jacobs Chevy, Joliet. A big thank you to Will County A.B.A.T.E and Will County HOG for supporting this event.

http://www.casaofwillcounty.org/pdf/CASA_Mortorcyle_Run.pdf

http://www.casaofwillcounty.org/news-fundraisers.shtml

:ice_thy-vi101212101

Guest seuadr
or how bouts.....funds to hire a "BIG BUBBA" :whistling:

:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

bubba is usually more than willing to donate his time and uh ... effort to a good cause.

• 5 years later...

If you are reading this and are NOT currently a Supporting Member but have been considering to pay the fee. Please message me, or email me at tclayton@teralex.ca. Share with me your desire to join and I will pay the first year of your membership for one year. This offer extends to just one (1) individual per year, starting now.

I do this in the spirit of this thread. Paying it forward is a great way to do good and feel good.;)

Thomas