IGNORED

Several members has e-mailed asking me why I got a dual purpose

E-Fishin-C

Several reasons:

*I love fishing

*a go anywhere scoot

*gas mileage

*the ability take the corners

*It all in the mind.... it feels and handles like a crotch rocket *The front fairing to me resembles a Ninja fairing

* its a Fun Bike to ride

*It gives me a Adrelalin RUSH

And it can keep up to you Big Boys( Legal Speed)

The question Now will my body handle the Long distances touring :rotfl:

Edited by E-Fishin-C

Several reasons:

*I love fishing

*a go anywhere scoot

*gas mileage

*the ability take the corners

*It all in the mind.... it feels and handles like a crotch rocket *The front fairing to me resembles a Ninja fairing

* its a Fun Bike to ride

*I gives me a Adrelalin RUSH

And it can keep up to you Big Boys( Legal Speed)

The question Now will my body handle the Long distances touring :rotfl:

The KLR650 is certainly a fun, pound around bike. For the long distance touring, I recommend the Sargent seat. Much more comfy than the stock board.

RR

And here I thought that you got it so when you missed the curves you could take the scenic route.:stickpoke::Im not listening to:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I am glad you are back on 2 wheels Charlie let us know how it works for ya.

See ya when I get back from the sand box

Jeff

And here I thought that you got it so when you missed the curves you could take the scenic route.:stickpoke::Im not listening to:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I am glad you are back on 2 wheels Charlie let us know how it works for ya.

See ya when I get back from the sand box

Jeff

Just remember Jeff. Watch EVERYBODY!!

I've got two dual sports and ride a lot of miles on organized (and un-organized!) rides each year. If I could only have one bike, it would probably be the KLR650. (I prefer the pre 2008 for a little less weight and less body work to tear up off road!) It does EVERYTHING, it may not be the best bike for street or trail, but it does both pretty well. There is a huge community of KLR riders online and they are a lot like this community, fun friendly and will do anything for you, and they don't care if you ride a KLR or something else.

But, I'm blessed to have a nice pair of street bikes AND a nice pair of dual sports, so for now, I don't have to choose.

If you want a dual sport for a second (or third, or fourth) bike, just decide what kind of riding you want to do and get a bike built for it. Dual sports come in all sizes and some are (barely) street legal full on dirt bikes, and some are street bikes with the look and style of an off-road bike, and everything in between.

I don't like taking my KLR in the steep and deep, rough and rocky trails, and I hate to take the little DR350 on a ride with a lot of pavement. Each one is built for a different purpose, you can use them for the "other" purpose, but it's not as much fun.

BTW, I've got the Corbin seat on the KLR and I love it. There are always used Corbins around for the KLR since they are bought and built up and sold and traded a lot.

Love my dual sports! North GA, western NC, eastern TN, are filled with good dual sport riding. Come on , let's get dirty!

James

GaThumper,

Sent you an email. What do you think about this KLR on Craigs list? I've sent the owner an email asking to look at it. However, there appear to be several recalls on the older KLR that I expect wouldn't be an issue if I bought a new 2009. Am going to look at a new one at the Kawi dealer in Auburn GA this afternoon. There's another dealer in Hayes NC that advertises good prices.

thx

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/mcy/1268660117.html

I've got two dual sports and ride a lot of miles on organized (and un-organized!) rides each year. If I could only have one bike, it would probably be the KLR650. (I prefer the pre 2008 for a little less weight and less body work to tear up off road!) It does EVERYTHING, it may not be the best bike for street or trail, but it does both pretty well. There is a huge community of KLR riders online and they are a lot like this community, fun friendly and will do anything for you, and they don't care if you ride a KLR or something else.

But, I'm blessed to have a nice pair of street bikes AND a nice pair of dual sports, so for now, I don't have to choose.

If you want a dual sport for a second (or third, or fourth) bike, just decide what kind of riding you want to do and get a bike built for it. Dual sports come in all sizes and some are (barely) street legal full on dirt bikes, and some are street bikes with the look and style of an off-road bike, and everything in between.

I don't like taking my KLR in the steep and deep, rough and rocky trails, and I hate to take the little DR350 on a ride with a lot of pavement. Each one is built for a different purpose, you can use them for the "other" purpose, but it's not as much fun.

BTW, I've got the Corbin seat on the KLR and I love it. There are always used Corbins around for the KLR since they are bought and built up and sold and traded a lot.

Love my dual sports! North GA, western NC, eastern TN, are filled with good dual sport riding. Come on , let's get dirty!

James

If you picked the KLR650, you definitely chose wisely. Did someone help you with that?? Anyway, everones says they are an exceptional bike, but long distance may not be good. I have a friend who rode his to Branson, 250 miles, with his wife along too. Too many mile and not enough seat for both of them. Hey Redneck, don't you have one of those??

Hey Charlie,

Good choice!

Not long distance?

I met a guy out in Spearfish SD, last week, that was on his way home from visiting his daughter in Alaska. He was from Vermont, and was riding a KLR650.

Carrying all of his camping gear and having the time of his life.

Actually, I have a smaller dual purpose, a honda XL250R and have a basket on the back for my tackle / cooler box and two rod holders on the side

Good fishing,

Steve

• 1 month later...