IGNORED

Good Restuarant in SC (Wiz's)

Magnawake

My Wife and I found a good place to eat in Batesburg Leesville, SC. I got a Burger, just to try it out. It's a 1/2 pound patty, loaded on a homemade bun with chips on the side. Set me back $5.79. The places is called Wiz's Eatery. All roads leading to Batesburg are good. No traffic, in the country, and acessible to people from GA. I'll meet you there.

I guess I posted this in the wrong place. I'm new here and just found the restuarant reviews section. It does have some good roads going there. :thumbsup2:

I'll switch the posting, No worries...BTW Welcome to the club

:)

I'll get with Freebird as there isn't a spot to move it to from my admin side of it

:happy34:

Edited by Squidley

• 2 months later...
  • 6 years later...

Any of you headed towards Myrtle Beach.. About 50 miles outside in a town called Scranton- SchoolHouse BBQ.. Very good.. and nice décor- old signage and such. Its an actual old schoolhouse for the 20s I guess... Between Florence SC and Lake City SC on Hwy 52.. (Very close to Hwy 378)

My Wife and I found a good place to eat in Batesburg Leesville, SC. I got a Burger, just to try it out. It's a 1/2 pound patty, loaded on a homemade bun with chips on the side. Set me back $5.79. The places is called Wiz's Eatery. All roads leading to Batesburg are good. No traffic, in the country, and accessible to people from GA. I'll meet you there.

Rode through there this weekend, will have to check them out next time, sounds like a good place to have a M&E at.

Any of you headed towards Myrtle Beach.. About 50 miles outside in a town called Scranton- SchoolHouse BBQ.. Very good.. and nice décor- old signage and such. Its an actual old schoolhouse for the 20s I guess... Between Florence SC and Lake City SC on Hwy 52.. (Very close to Hwy 378)

We must have caught this place on a bad day, will have to try it again

Magnawake, Will have to try out Wizz's. Our STAR chapter has several members in the Lexington SC area. Some still ride Yamaha's! (any interest in Columbia chapter, PM me)

School House BBQ is a good country buffet but they should take BBQ from the name. They only have one serving dish with pulled pork, vinegar flavored like Lexington, NC BBQ. Not SC mustard base. Just ate there a few weeks ago.

(Hi Joe. Sorry, I don't get on line much anymore.)

Try JK's House of Ribs in Manning SC for BBQ. Try Sadie Mae's Cafe' below Gaffney for a country meal that will make you doubt your grandma's cooking.

"quote_icon.png Originally Posted by sho_gregviewpost-right.pngOh its true- its vinegar based... REAL BARBQUE!!

Discussing types of BBQ is almost as controversial as oil and tires :Avatars_Gee_George:"

=================================================================

REAL BAR-B-Q ain't got sauce on it.

That's the sauces you kiddo's fussin' about.

BBQ is meat based !!!!! :smile5:

If some body put's sauce on the BBQ, that's called "HIDING" , their bbq ain't no count and they know it.

Best way is to put the different sauces on the side and dip to try them all. :clap2:

Hope this helps some poor lost souls missing out on good bbq.:178:

Now if you will head out HWY 11, west side of Cleveland, SC. There is a lady that sells BBQ out of an RV on the side of the road across from the guy that carves bears(or used to) right near the F-mart. People leave the BBQ competition in Tryon, NC and come to get BBQ from her. I always get a quart of her chicken salad to go, and I don't even like chicken salad. :stickinouttounge:

Excellent stuff and she cooks it all herself. She's only open Friday, Saturday,& Sunday.

You can then run on up 276 twisties to Ceasar's head and on over to Brevard:essen_018: and over to Maggie valley to Wheels through time. Give it a good WTT at least half a day though.

BTW, never trust bbq to a skinny man

Edited by NewbeeMC9
delineate quotes

"quote_icon.png Originally Posted by sho_gregviewpost-right.pngOh its true- its vinegar based... REAL BARBQUE!!

Discussing types of BBQ is almost as controversial as oil and tires :Avatars_Gee_George:"

=================================================================

REAL BAR-B-Q ain't got sauce on it.

That's the sauces you kiddo's fussin' about.

BBQ is meat based !!!!! :smile5:

If some body put's sauce on the BBQ, that's called "HIDING" , their bbq ain't no count and they know it.

Best way is to put the different sauces on the side and dip to try them all. :clap2:

Hope this helps some poor lost souls missing out on good bbq.:178:

Now if you will head out HWY 11, west side of Cleveland, SC. There is a lady that sells BBQ out of an RV on the side of the road across from the guy that carves bears(or used to) right near the F-mart. People leave the BBQ competition in Tryon, NC and come to get BBQ from her. I always get a quart of her chicken salad to go, and I don't even like chicken salad. :stickinouttounge:

Excellent stuff and she cooks it all herself. She's only open Friday, Saturday,& Sunday.

You can then run on up 276 twisties to Ceasar's head and on over to Brevard:essen_018: and over to Maggie valley to Wheels through time. Give it a good WTT at least half a day though.

BTW, never trust bbq to a skinny man

We stopped at a place next to the Sunoco in Cleveland called Burly Bob's or something like that, just a trailer and some picnic tables was pretty good. Will have to look for the Lady in the RV next time we are up that way.