IGNORED

Lake of the Ozarks, Mo.

clawed

We're taking a family vacation, and looking for some info on, places to go, and any good riding highways. I've never been to lake of the "o", MO. If anyone's been there, and can give me any insight, on some good scenery, twisties, and pitstops, it would be appreciated! CLAWED:dancefool:

We're taking a family vacation, and looking for some info on, places to go, and any good riding highways. I've never been to lake of the "o", MO. If anyone's been there, and can give me any insight, on some good scenery, twisties, and pitstops, it would be appreciated! CLAWED:dancefool:
i would forget lake of the ozarks and go south to branson and eureka springs. come to the 09 rally in ar. we will show you some twisties. i went to lake of the ozarks 43 years ago for my honeymoon never been back since. last time i was there it was all red rock and scrub oaks. my sister lives there. love my sister but did'nt lose nothing down there. it's for the wild party crowd. they even have a party cove where every one gets nude. just my 2 cents.

thanks for the bit of info,but, my son has a week of a time share,and we're all gonna go. 1 car and two bikes down 54. C...U...L ...snarley! Oh, sunday Torchrun...C-ville, il. signup 10am 11bikes out....120 mile poker run. should be fun ..police sponsored, benefits the special olympics. We'll probably be riding past Boo's house!

Most any thing south is curvy and prettier than Bill is letting on. West of Camdenton is Ha Ha Tonka State park . It has some castle ruins and a pretty good size spring. The hiking trails show the karst topography the area is known for. J road between 7 and 54 is worth riding. It has some great views but they are kind of hidden at this time of the year. D road from Ha Ha Tonka is good too. You can go south a little farther and visit Bennett Springs State Park. Huge trout.

If you are coming through St. Louis on your way here take 94 at St. Charles south. Its a few more miles and slower but some pretty scenery. Very curvy in places but most of the roads around here are. 94 hooks back up with 54 at Jefferson City.
i guess i must clarify myself. i spoke on heresay. i am no authority. only relay what my sister and brotherinlaw tell me. they live in the fast lane. 94 is an awesome ride. i do it all the time. if anyone ever gets to st. charles give me a holler. bill :2133:

appreciate the info and took a couple of notes........been looking at th routes and probably we are going to catch 54 in Il. and go down, but, things could change. I'll look at 94 and make a decision on our final route. safe riding people!, CLAWED:Venture:

My 2 cents. If your coming in on 54, go south on 19 to 100 (better than 94 west of Hermann). Take 50 west to route M. Take Route M through Taos (and right by my house) to Wardsville. Straight through the intersection will put you on Route B, go to Route E.

E will take you back to 54 ( Be careful at one stop you will have to turn right at a stop sign to stay on E. This will be WELL worth your time. I can send you a detailed map if you wish. It will take you about an extra 2 hours but again is well worth it! Bikes comes by here every day, spring through fall, doing most of this ride. PM me if you want a map and detailed instructions.

i 2nd the ha ha tonka!! don't forget your camera, the view from there is great!!

everywhere in the world is down hill from there, the view of the lake is the best.

and i suggest you have a steak at bagnal camp near the bagnal dam.

mike

i 2nd the ha ha tonka!! don't forget your camera, the view from there is great!!

everywhere in the world is down hill from there, the view of the lake is the best.

and i suggest you have a steak at bagnal camp near the bagnal dam.

mike

Excellent place to eat!:sign outstanding::sign outstanding:

I was just reading the Sunday paper and they had an article about the Amish which reminded me that we have a pretty sizable community of them too. If you catch C hwy at Jeff City and go west to E then go to Excelscior (very tiny) they have a Mennonite store there. All down C hwy from High Point to Versailles are Mennonite businesses.