IGNORED

Easy way to use that White Power Plug by Battery

Hey y'all, I found an easy way to use that white aux power plug located just behind the battery on the left side. Even though the cap does not have the necessary pins in it to make a connection, the pin retaining clips work somewhat like wire clamps. I just stripped the ends from some 18 gauge zip cord and tinned it, then used hemostats (or small needle nose pliers) to insert the wire into the contacts in the bottom plug - they fit very snugly after tinning. Here are a couple of pictures - not the best, but you should be able to see what I am talking about:

33023.jpg 33022.jpg

Just make sure you insert the wires into the metal contacts in the plug, not the empty spot next to them where the retaining clips are (I think that the second picture actually shows me holding the wires in the wrong hole)! The way the plug cap is designed, the wires are protected from accidentally touching once the cap is put back in place. Also, remember that this plug is only on a 5 amp fuse (located behind the right front cowling). Good luck,

Goose

Edited by Freebird

Nice going Kent,

Most folks don't do anything with this outlet, if they even know it exists. However I cut the connector off and use it to trigger an 30 amp accessory relay to power a 6 outlet fuse panel that I found at O'Reilly Auto Parts (for $13). This provides 6 fused outlets in a nice panel that will fit behind the battery that will only have power when the key is turned on. And no I don't have this fuse panel on my bike where I only recently discovered it, but have installed it on several friend's RS Ventures. The first time I saw one of these fuse panels, it came from RIVCO where I later saw the same panel at O'Reillys.

When I started wiring up stuff on my 01, I built a buss bar that I attach individual fused wiring to, which is supplied power from the battery through the same type of relay that is triggered by this accessory outlet.

Thanks,

Rick

Hey Goose! Any ideas what I can do with it after its cut off?? :confused24: :whistling:

Sorry just couldn't resist.

Wish I had thought of it or seen it BEFORE I cut it off and soldered up my aux power outlet.

Jay

Edited by Freebird