IGNORED

cold ride

Mobile

Hi, I took a cool ride today on my 2000 RSV, I went to have lunch out of town, I didn't see any other bikes, as I drove through the city I had people pull up beside me and roll down their windows in their cars and tell me that if was to cold to be riding my bike! The temp. was -9c or 15f I had my Gerbing's jacket plugged in and I was quite comfortable. I have taken this ride on "Veterans day " or Remberance day" as often as I could in my 50yrs of being a motorcycle rider. I am often asked why? The answer is because I can ! I can because of the freedom that has been given to all of us by the veterans and I feel great to be able to get out and do my thing. The snow is in the fields but the roads are dry, and I would like to say Thank You for the freedom.

( mobile )

Hi,

I live in Winnipeg Manitoba Canada it's about 150 Miles north of Grand Forks ND. or about 3 long fast day's from California. My insurance for my 2000 RSV is $2300. per year and gas is 87c per liter. We usually get snow from Nov till April and when the road gets slippery I put the bike away but if the road stays dry I shall dress warm and continue to ride.

Take care.

mobile

Mobile, is tat around Regina? I have been there and then over to Alberta. I also have been to Vancouver, but I flw there, theothers I drove to. It is a long way from Louisiana. It is very nice there but I dont do cold very well either. I like it in the 40's to 70's, but here it is mostly hot.I am glad you had the chance for a good ride, it makes it worth it.

Hi,

I live in Winnipeg Manitoba Canada it's about 150 Miles north of Grand Forks ND. or about 3 long fast day's from California. My insurance for my 2000 RSV is $2300. per year and gas is 87c per liter. We usually get snow from Nov till April and when the road gets slippery I put the bike away but if the road stays dry I shall dress warm and continue to ride.

Take care.

mobile

Ypu might want to check Primmum for motorcycle insurance.....2300 is realy really really hi unless you've had 2-3 claims! or is that govr insurance?/

Ouch

Salty

• 1 month later...

I live in Regina.

I pay SGI (saskatchewan Gov't insurance) $1100.00 per year plates and insurance for the bike. Unlike autopak where you get your plates for example: $35.00 and a private insurance provider for your insurance needs. However here we can pay monthly so It costs me $118.00 per month from April until end of October and I have a package policy which is $138.00 per year.The package policy covers the bike for the usual theft, fire, vandalisim etc. so it is even cheaper this way.

just my $0.02

Reg

Hi, I took a cool ride today on my 2000 RSV, I went to have lunch out of town, I didn't see any other bikes, as I drove through the city I had people pull up beside me and roll down their windows in their cars and tell me that if was to cold to be riding my bike! The temp. was -9c or 15f I had my Gerbing's jacket plugged in and I was quite comfortable. I have taken this ride on "Veterans day " or Remberance day" as often as I could in my 50yrs of being a motorcycle rider. I am often asked why? The answer is because I can ! I can because of the freedom that has been given to all of us by the veterans and I feel great to be able to get out and do my thing. The snow is in the fields but the roads are dry, and I would like to say Thank You for the freedom.

( mobile )

way to go! who cares what any one thinks its no diffrant than riding a snowmobile you just dress for it :thumbsup2:

Manitoba insurance is government. They got us right by the shorts. Our insurance goes up every year on bikes as well.

And I havent ridden since early Nov. its just too dang cold and slippery. Although I have ridden as late as 3 December the year before.

That heated riding gear sounds really good. I need some. But what i really wonder is, Please God, can i just have a cool suit on those stifling HOT August and September Days. :225::225::225: Oh well, I'd still rather be ridin than drivin.....................:)

Mobile, is tat around Regina? I have been there and then over to Alberta. I also have been to Vancouver, but I flw there, theothers I drove to. It is a long way from Louisiana. It is very nice there but I dont do cold very well either. I like it in the 40's to 70's, but here it is mostly hot.I am glad you had the chance for a good ride, it makes it worth it.

The older I get, the COLDER cold feels and even though I live on the West Coast of Canada, and have lived in most of the other provinces throughout my life, I just don't do cold very well anymore either! If it ain't +10 celcius or better, I ride in my warm car. In my younger riding years, that was certainly not the case though and I've ridden in temps as cold as -10 celcius with snow coming down, other times with hail almost knocking me off the bike, etc, etc. Been there, done that, don't care for it no more LOL