IGNORED

July 4th ride in SC,NC &GA

barend

We're planning on leaving our house in Easley Sc about 1030 (128 Lakeshore Dr) and heading up to hendersonville, NC via 135, 11 and 25 then pick up 64W all the way to Dillard, Ga and return via 76 and 123, We'll stop along the way for lunch and anything else. So far 5 bikes, maybe one cage (depending on which bike I ride and how twistie the road looks). Anyone want to join us or meet up along the way feel free to shoot me a PM. Should be about a 190 mile, 4plus hour run. I just need to decide :scratchchin:if I want to ride a real bike or the Shadow:innocent:

Nope! The car is ready for shipping and should be picked up about the 12th and should be here within ten days after that. Don't know how long it's going to take me to get it mounted, wired and painted. Brakes 'd be another story.

Hate to add this but ... For the record: this subject is off the record when my wife's around, for now! Personal reasons!! she'd be driving the TT if she decides to follow us.

Edited by barend

had a great ride today through the NC mountains (Piscah Nat'l Forest). Weather was great, traffic not too bad, company was Exceptional (thanks for joining us Randy!). all in all put right at 200 miles on the ododmeter, were out about 8 hours, stops included. Two of the bikes wound up taking a short cut to pacify the girlfriend, but what are you going to do. We'll have to do that again sometime, maybe with a bigger group?!

Randy, we got home around 7 after a Starbucks stop. Hope you got home safe!

Yep. It was great ride. Still nice and cool in the NC mountains.

I got home at 6:20 via Lake Burton and Unicoi, the only stop was a huge traffic jam north of Helen GA. Usually the Unicoi route bypasses that.

See y'all next weekend in Asheville for German food.