IGNORED

Pic's of Harbor Freight Tag a Long

dray

here are the pic's sorry it took so long i had to retake them the others wouldnt upload right

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h269/drayco58/IMG_0006.jpg?t=1246401119http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h269/drayco58/IMG_0009-1.jpg?t=1246401173http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h269/drayco58/IMG_0013.jpg?t=1246401221

and the hitch on the scooter!

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h269/drayco58/IMG_0016.jpg?t=1246401363http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h269/drayco58/IMG_0002.jpg?t=1246401416

Do you remember the part number of the trailer might be looking into getting one.

thats the way it comes you put the springs on then axle wheels wire is run in frame drop the wire in the toung and out the other end put one bolt in end of tounge ubolt in middle of tounge cupler lights on back and plate bracket four bolts for the box put the lid on and hook up the shocks for lid very simple and fast every thing comes in the box and its very well built

i used to build shorelander boat trailers and this is as good as any shorelander trailer i have ever seen

dray

• 4 weeks later...

One of the differences between the two trailers is the frame of the PB is heavier (see pic), it comes with a spare tire, chrome rims, plus the rack for the cooler. I bought mine used and it also had a spare bearings. I don't know if this is OEM or something the PO picked up?? When you add up the extras on the PB I don't think there's that much of a difference in price.

towing speed is alful low on the highway. I wonder if you could do at least 65mph safley?:mytruck1:

Same question I had...advertisement states 55 MPH MAXIMUM towing speed. Nice looking trailer for the price, but has anyone who has/used this particular trailer experienced anything negative with this trailer at speeds around 70?

Piggy backer also has torsion suspension.

That's only on the supreme...anyway I think they call it the supreme??... The standard still has springs.

And that Daddy Long legger was just droppin' on by for a visit... :):sign20:

Same question I had...advertisement states 55 MPH MAXIMUM towing speed. Nice looking trailer for the price, but has anyone who has/used this particular trailer experienced anything negative with this trailer at speeds around 70?

Pulled mine fine at 80 by the speedo. No negatives here. :thumbsup:

I have one just like it that I recently purchased. I think the 55 mph is a CYA thing for the manufacturer. I haven't pulled mine loaded but I did pull it today for the first time unloaded and I reached 90 MPH and it was going straight as an arrow.....no swerving or anything. But like I said, haven't pulled it loaded yet

Guest wrench

It kinda sounds like this is a pretty good trailer for the $$'s?? I'm looking for one and don't want to tie up a whole lot of money in one. Wanderer, you say it pulls good at highway speed? Pretty stable? It also looks like it could do double-duty behind my convertible too. I haven't searched all the posts related to trailers, but do you need anything special for the wiring on the bike, or just splice the pigtail in? There's a H/F in Louisville so I'm going to drop by there and check one out. Thanks in advance for the help.

It kinda sounds like this is a pretty good trailer for the $$'s?? I'm looking for one and don't want to tie up a whole lot of money in one. Wanderer, you say it pulls good at highway speed? Pretty stable? It also looks like it could do double-duty behind my convertible too. I haven't searched all the posts related to trailers, but do you need anything special for the wiring on the bike, or just splice the pigtail in? There's a H/F in Louisville so I'm going to drop by there and check one out. Thanks in advance for the help.

I used the Hoppy 5 to 4 wire converter #48915 and spliced it in behind the stop light. I haven't had a real heavy load on it yet, but it pulls great behind the bike. :thumbsup2:

Guest wrench

Yeah, I saw that on their website today, SWEEET! There is also a coupon in the Sept. issue of Cycle World for 20% off any single purchase. I looked back thru my mags. and found I have 1 extra 20% and 1 15%. If anyone wants one you can get one there, or pm me and I'll drop one of them in the mail if you want one. I'm going to go by the store in Louisville next week and see about getting one. Am I right in guessing this is an in-stock item in the stores?

Edited by wrench

Guest wrench

Picked up mine yesterday!! I had originally planned to go Tuesday morning, but the flooding in Louisville held me back. I called the store yesterday morning and was told that they were out of stock. I was directed to the Clarksville, Ind. store and they had 3, that was at 9:30am. I got to the store at 12:30 and they only had 1 left! The guy that helped me load it said they couldn't get them in fast enough. The Street Rod Nationals are going on in Louisville, and I actually saw one of them being towed behind a '34 Ford. Man, is that store is a tinkerer's paradise or what!! I took the coupons I had, got the trailer for $320.00 and one of their 90 amp flux-core wire feed welders for $95.00! I put the trailer together yesterday afternoon and it's not bad for the money, used the welder and it actually surprised me, looks like it will be handy too. The trailer box had one pretty big scuff on a side of the lower section, but I took some Scotch-Brite pad and smoothed it out. Now, on to the hitch for the bike!!

• 1 month later...