IGNORED

Wheelie?

craigatcsi

While cruising down the road the other day, my wife asked -

Will this bike, (our 07 Venture), pull the front wheel up like our last bike would, (a really built 75 Honda 750).

I told her that I think bringing it up wouldn't be the issue, it would be more bringing it back down that might cause the problem.

I know I have seen a video of a full dress HD being ridden quite a ways on the back wheel. A friend at work that owns an Interstate says that no way will these big bikes come up.

Don't get me wrong, my wheelie days are long gone. I am just curious.

craigr

In short, as far as a 1st gen...........yes they will. Found out a couple of years ago. I was "testing" to see how soild 2nd gear was. Not a huge lift but about a foot off the ground for 50 or 60 ft. Haven't tried it again since.

Now as far as the GW, a buddy had a GL1200 when I had my CB 750. He could pop it up and ride it for blocks. Something to see. I don't know if the 1800's could pull that off.

someone posted a U-tube clip fairly recently of a wing pulling wheelies. Looked like the guy hit the front brake to prior to hitting the throttle to give it some extra bounce. Looked like it was a newer wing too.

someone posted a U-tube clip fairly recently of a wing pulling wheelies. Looked like the guy hit the front brake to prior to hitting the throttle to give it some extra bounce. Looked like it was a newer wing too.

[ame=

]
[/ame]

Pretty impressive

I did it by accident a couple of times. It was always in 2nd and lane splitting. Good ole road rage....

I just wonder what that rider of that goldwing thought he was goona do with that leg if the bike decide to go down. Pushin a 250 lb dirt bike back up ain't the same as pushing back up over 900 lbs. Problem is the foot always gets run over by the saddlebag or rear crash bar. Thought I broke my foot the last time I had to push it back up due to the rear sliding out.

almost any bike will wheelie. On smaller bikes all you have to do is put your weight to the back and hit the throttle. Sport bikes will power wheillie at will. Lifting the front sheel is easy, landing in control is hard, rod