IGNORED

new harbor freight tag-a-long

dray

i had the day off today so i thought id put my new trailer togeather; things started out good i took out the shell top and bottom set them on the lawn and went back took the fenders out and set them aside; now i started to asemble the trailer this went very quick with out even looking in the book almost done and i see a small inch and a half pice of black plastic in the box now im thinking the worst as i pick up my fenders and look for the broken one and there both still good

well back to tighting all the bolts i have in the trailer and i go in the house to get a soda. on my way back out the door i see some dirt on my cover to the box OH NO its not dirt its a HOLE broken so i call harbor freight and they are very nice and looking up part #s for me and getting me a new shell lid and when talking to them i look at the bottom and its not broken but the corner is crushed in

well now the trailer is done and im waiting for the new shell for it SHHHEEEESSSSSSSS just cant win some days

now the good news is in two weeks ill have TWO not ONE but 2 trailers for my lill scooter

and you get pics when done

Dray

HF is notorious for how bad the packaging is, cheap cardboard boxes and no wrapping on any of the parts in side.

I always inspect the hell out the boxes before I leave to prevent a 50 mile trip back to them for a return.

Good luck on the trailer and post some pics when its done.

Bubber

went to Harborfreight today and picked up my parts and let me tell you they took very good care of me they gave me the parts i needed plus an axle another set of lights,gas shocks for the lid, spare tire with wheel let me tell you i have no complants with them and they now have me as a devoted costumer

ill post some pic's tomarrow

Just finished mine today, too, with the help of Sleeperhawk. Having a little trouble with

the wiring, so have decided to add a fifth light and make it a 5 wire trailer. Apparently

the Hoppy 5 to 4 converter doesn't work for motorcycles. Go figure. Tomorrow we

should have it finished and ready to roll.:fingers-crossed-emo

What is the HF part number for your trailer?

Thanks,

Jeremy

Part # 66771

that should get ya going

Dray

I called the local HF and gave them the part number and they don't even carry that trailer. Said I had to order it from the warehouse. :crying:

they didnt carry it at our store here but when i asked they ordered it right then when i was still standing there and i still have a rain check for another one if some one that lives close would want one as its in my name

mine is done and looks good to boot!

now i need to finish the single wheel trailer within the next two weeks if i can

tomarrow im going to try to get the hitch on the bike as i have not done that yet:think:geesssss how long can i put something off????:whistling:

wonder why the wife gets so upset when things take a tad longer then i think there going to:think:

Oh Well

Dray

Part # 66771

that should get ya going

Dray

they didnt carry it at our store here but when i asked they ordered it right then when i was still standing there and i still have a rain check for another one if some one that lives close would want one as its in my name

mine is done and looks good to boot!

now i need to finish the single wheel trailer within the next two weeks if i can

tomarrow im going to try to get the hitch on the bike as i have not done that yet:think:geesssss how long can i put something off????:whistling:

wonder why the wife gets so upset when things take a tad longer then i think there going to:think:

Oh Well

Dray

Thanks Dray I'll give that a try.:thumbsup2:

I see Harbor Freight took notice of the kits built by their 40 x 48 trailers. I built one several years ago and used the Sears 20 Cubic Ft cartop carrier. This one looks nice. I would lengthen the tongue 18" for stability and add a 24 x 30" cooler rack to the tongue. Mine was very stable empty, pulled very nice and it had no sway at 80 mph passing an 18 wheeler. I got this recommendations from several which had kit bashed the trailer. I went with the 12" over the 8" tires. This is just preference for looks. A good machinist could mount matching motorcycle tires using bearings and machining spindles. Would have to machine an endcap. Very handy and practical. I did wire the Hoppy 5 wire to 4 wire converter and mounted under the car top carrier. Pulled it full of stuff on my honeymoon.

:thumbsup:I got a Hopkins at autozone last night and put on my RSV.The part number 48925 abd it works!

Thanks, I'll try that part number. Sleeperhawk got it to work with his motorcycle using an adaptor that goes with the isolator. I on the other hand don't think the isolator is worth the expense, course I could be wrong.

Hey folks,

Hope all is well in everyones neck of the woods. I input the part number on the HF website and it came up " currently not available"? Do we have any additional information on this? I guess I will need to locate the closet HF Store as well. Possibly N.J. Let me know. Thanks.

Ricardo.

Probably the smaller one, is for his use (riding solo) & the larger one for her use (riding 2 up)... :stirthepot: :duck:

BINGO!!!

thats the plan

Hey folks,

Hope all is well in everyones neck of the woods. I input the part number on the HF website and it came up " currently not available"? Do we have any additional information on this? I guess I will need to locate the closet HF Store as well. Possibly N.J. Let me know. Thanks.

Ricardo.

i just put the number in the box that says Find Item Number and it came right up for me

dont try a link just go to there site and put the number in its 66771

hope this helps

dray

• 5 months later...

Amazon currenty has the Hopkins at a pretty good price.

Hopkins 48925 Tail Light Converter (74") W/Taped 4Wire Flat Extension

List Price:$19.99 Price:$15.90 & eligible for free shipping with Amazon Prime

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Hopkins-48925-Light-Converter-Extension/dp/B0002Q81XK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1261202666&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Hopkins 48925 Tail Light Converter (74") W/Taped 4Wire Flat Extension: Electronics[/ame]

If you order a lot of stuff from Amazon, Prime is a great program. Unlimited 2 day shipping for 12 months for $80. I have more than got my money back this year. If you buy DIRECT from Amazon, the customer service quality is awesome! I have never had a bad experience with Amamzon.

Ben

• 4 months later...

Resurrecting an old thread instead of opening a new....

I went to poke around the store, didn't see the trailer, and asked. Harbor Freight doesn't carry it in the store, and I'd have to order it via the website... and pay the $75 in shipping, or maybe $89.95--the page shows both. They no longer drop ship items to stores.

My question is whether anyone has tried to put a cooler on the tongue? Must it be stretched?

What's involved with putting bigger tires on, and/or putting on grease fittings?

Dave

Anyone have more info. on going from 5 wire to 4 and why people do it? I have hopkins on my RSV and the HF trailer I just bought is a 4 pin. I have running lights, brake lights, left turn, right turn. So not sure what the 5th wire is for on the Hopkins. I at least seem to have what I need.

Hey folks,

Ricardo.

I googled "harbor freight Part # 66771" and it came up

Anyone have more info. on going from 5 wire to 4 and why people do it? I have hopkins on my RSV and the HF trailer I just bought is a 4 pin. I have running lights, brake lights, left turn, right turn. So not sure what the 5th wire is for on the Hopkins. I at least seem to have what I need.

the ones ive seen the brake wire is on one wire where 4 wire brake and turn are on the same wire

OK, I am literally to blame for this. I signed up at Harbor Freight, and when I clicked My Account, I was given someone else's information. I notified HF and they put their site on maintenance until they discovered the reason.

I must say that I applaud their action. This is a financial hit for them, but they have shown that they are committed to being a class act and protecting their customer's privacy. Good on them.

ARRRGGG!!! I keep getting a mesage that their web site is down for maintenance.

:sign yeah that:

i had the day off today so i thought id put my new trailer togeather; things started out good i took out the shell top and bottom set them on the lawn and went back took the fenders out and set them aside; now i started to asemble the trailer this went very quick with out even looking in the book almost done and i see a small inch and a half pice of black plastic in the box now im thinking the worst as i pick up my fenders and look for the broken one and there both still good

well back to tighting all the bolts i have in the trailer and i go in the house to get a soda. on my way back out the door i see some dirt on my cover to the box OH NO its not dirt its a HOLE broken so i call harbor freight and they are very nice and looking up part #s for me and getting me a new shell lid and when talking to them i look at the bottom and its not broken but the corner is crushed in

well now the trailer is done and im waiting for the new shell for it SHHHEEEESSSSSSSS just cant win some days

now the good news is in two weeks ill have TWO not ONE but 2 trailers for my lill scooter

and you get pics when done

Dray

is the one with the hole in usable shape i may take it off your hands?????