IGNORED

Holy crap is it LOUD

Bigfoot

Pictures, please!!

Do we have a how-to on this install?

PS: They make a chrome one, too! Hmmmmmm....

Install is REALLY simple! Get the bracket from CarbonOne and order the install kit along with the horn. With the bracket it mounts in place of the stock horn.

Do you have the air intake vented to the rear as shown on the instructions?

Install is REALLY simple! Get the bracket from CarbonOne and order the install kit along with the horn. With the bracket it mounts in place of the stock horn.

Yeah, Mine saved me from the attack of the cell-phone wielding, mirror-ignoring, turn signal challenged moron I met on the freeway while on the way to MD. Snapped her RIGHT out of whatever funk she was in! :happy34: That bracket definitely is the way to go.

I see these on ebay buy it now for 41.95 = 7.99 shipping, good price? How about the kit, what should it run for?

Just for the record, got cut off by a cage on the zoomer, laid on the stock horn and it didn't even turn his head. Then got up next to the moron and gave him the stare, kept his head straight didn't even look.

I have been looking and have only found them at BikerHiway (for 41.91 -- chrome one) +12.21 shipping, and Twistedthrottle.com (50+11.80 s&h), http://www.ridesafer.com/Stebel_Nautilus_Compact_Air_Horn_p/h0014-cah.htm 33.50 +$5 for chrome + $15 s&h

All of these S&H are to west Texas though... so it will probably be different since you are in Michigan.

That is what I have found so far, hope it helps.

- Rick M.

Do you have the air intake vented to the rear as shown on the instructions?

I have not. I even left the little plastic thingy out, as it points forward. I didn't want any more open ended hoses running around. In my feeble brain I'm thinking I will not be blowing this thing for any extended periods, so having the intake pointed straight down should be good enough. (I hope):thumbsup:

I have the WOLO on my 2007 RSV. Used it Saturday on a guy who thought he'd pull out in front of me without looking. He did a nice four-wheel lockup on his cage. Dunno how long it took him to remove the seat cushion from his nether region. PRICELESS!:dancefool:

I put mine on about a week ago and I love it. Considering putting a second one on too. I didnt buy the bracket I just made a simple extension out of a piece of stainless and drilled a few holes in it to match the holes where the old horn was and a third hole to put the new stebel in. Works good for me

Tazman

• 2 weeks later...

Got mine yesterday and after a trip to the Home Depot I've got 'er wired up and installed. Just as a warning to anyone ordering from BikerHiway - Do not waste your money on the 'plug and play' kit. I am a little embarrassed to say that I went ahead and spent the extra 10 bucks for it because I have been really busy and will be really busy and figured that IF it installed in 5 minutes like they claimed then it would be worth it. (I cannot speak for the other places since some folks on here said that they had good luck with theirs)

Well, I spent about 15 minutes going over everything to make sure that I had it setup the way that they told me to. I was a little skeptical of how it was wired, but I gave it a shot anyway. Turned the key on, connected the positive wire, and about had to change my shorts -- (the wiring was wrong, as I had predicted). So, off to Home Depot for the bracket and some wire and extra connectors (while I am there). Got home had it all wired up, mounted and wires neatly hidden, all in about 15 minutes.

I wrote an e-mail to customer support, discussing their 'guarantee' that the harness would work. I actually got a telephone call from their support this afternoon and discussed the issue with the guy. We went back and forth a little bit about how he felt that I had plugged the setup into my bike wrong at which point I had about enough of it and explained what I did to make it work and how there was no way that I could have gotten it to work using only the harness that they sent (since it was missing a wire for the setup on the Venture). He then said that if I box everything back up and send it back to them that they would be happy to refund my money (for all except shipping of course). I suggested that I get refunded for my time and the extra materials I had to purchase to get this "plug and play" adapter to work for my bike. He did not like that too much and I basically ended it with him saying that what they had 'guaranteed' me to work (via customer service BEFORE I placed my order) did not work.... A little more back and forth and I got my money back for the plug and play harness...

Anyways - back to the original point, I have read many people say how loud these horns are and I had no idea it was going to be THIS loud. Bottom line - anyone that is on the fence about upgrading to something better than the tweeter that is on there now, I would say DO IT NOW!

I have a sound intensity meter in my lab somewhere, when I get there tomorrow (provided I can find the meter) I'll take some time to do some measurements and report on the results for this Stebel Compact Air Tooter.

Bigfoot and everyone else that had the same answer of "___ it is Loud!" Thank you!!

- Rick M.

Edited by LilBeaver

Got mine yesterday and after a trip to the Home Depot I've got 'er wired up and installed. Just as a warning to anyone ordering from BikerHiway - Do not waste your money on the 'plug and play' kit. I am a little embarrassed to say that I went ahead and spent the extra 10 bucks for it because I have been really busy and will be really busy and figured that IF it installed in 5 minutes like they claimed then it would be worth it. (I cannot speak for the other places since some folks on here said that they had good luck with theirs)

HELLOOOOOOOO!!! :stickpoke::stickpoke::stickpoke:

In another thread we decided the plug and play kit won't work on our bikes, but this one made by Stebel will...

Well shucks. I had read on here that some worked fine (ie the one from twistedthrottle.com) and some others didn't. Somehow I managed to miss that -- I thought I made it through all of the information pertaining to the horns on here but obviously I didn't. Oops.

Well... they did gaurntee that it would work for me, and since it didn't I DID (luckily) get my money back for it...

Oh well, my honker works now...

HELLOOOOOOOO!!! :stickpoke::stickpoke::stickpoke:

In another thread we decided the plug and play kit won't work on our bikes, but this one made by Stebel will...

My new Steibel horn that is. Just had it installed and I can't believe how loud it is. Should get someones attention now.

Apparently not loud enough. The Stebel, that is. I literally had some imbecile back up at a stop sign yesterday and hit me. I laid on the horn and didn't let up, and revved up the engine to let the Kromewerks make some more racket. She even appeared to be looking in the mirror. But she didn't stop backing up until she hit me. Then she drove off. Fortunately there was no damage or I would have followed her home and called the police from there and seen her charged with a hit and run. Maybe I should have anyway. I don't know. But I decided that both she and I would be better off if I didn't. WTH does it take to get some people's attention???!!! I don't know that more horns would have done any good. I think I am going to start carrying rocks with me.

I mounted my Stebel under the scoot .There is a large enough space under/behind the lowers beside the oil filter . I made a bracket out of a piece of 1/4"thick x 3/4" x 3 1/2" long . Drilling a hole the size of the mounting bolt that came with the Stebel and another hole the size of the boly that passes through the frame. It's the same bolt that has the green acorn nut on the outer side of the frame . I do not have the demisions of how far the holes are drilled apart , but I did allow 1/4" between the Stebel and the oil filter . The compressor is mounted horizontal , horn opening aimed downwards and towards the rear of scoot . There is enough ground clearence and youcan only see it on the left side when on KS , if your really looking . Relay located behind the RS battery cover . I left the stock horns connected and have the scoots horn's power supplying the relay and main power straight to the battery . Horn blast downward and is equally disbursting the sound outwards toboth sides of the scoot , rather that just one side . I used the air intake tubing and secured it behind the lowers ,so I don'tpick up any road wash . I have road through some major rain stormsand have had no issues with the horn's performance . Also to add , I toot the horn occasionally to make sure it's free to operate and a horn-check to boot. I'll post somephotos as soon as I can get them .

BEER30