IGNORED

86 radio channel cutting out..help

my 86 VR with all the factory stuff works just fine EXCEPT the right channel on the AM/FM radio ONLY (CB/intercom and fairing speakers all work fine) and ONLY on headsets, will come on and off with bumps. I can push on or hit the console at the bottom on the little bar, and the channel will come back on usually, till another big bump.

I have removed the console, all the pins and connectors look shiny and new, none looked bent.

I know it is probably a slightly loose connection on ONE pin, but I can find no way of tightening the connection, is there a way to maybe raise the connectors in the fairing or lower the ones in the removable console so they will be tighter?

If anyone has solved this or has a suggestion, I would love to hear it.

get a small set of brass washers and put 1 under each screw holding the connectors on to the removeable radio assembly. I.E. the part you can remove with the key and the two spring clips. use as thin as you can find in brass,stainless, or plastic under the connector's screws to list it a tiny bit and seat tighter when you reassemble it.