IGNORED

Bushtec Trailer - Almost

craigatcsi

I went to a dealer in the next town, just to look at trikes and while I was there I spotted the Bushtec Roadstar.

They almost had me sold on it. It looks wonderful and just what we need for our West Coast trip this summer. - I just can't get over the 4k price!!

I read a few of the other posts on here about Bushtec and most have the same reaction - the price!!

I like the idea that the quality / design is tops. I would hate to spend a few dollars less and not be happy with it.

I wish there were other dealers locally that had different brands to compare with.

I've got a month to find one, so if any of you have other suggestions, please speak up.

craigr

Got an idea for ya.....Buy some raffle tickets for the Venture Rally in August..I think they are $25.00 for 3 tickets on a chance to win a Bushtec trailer.( Im pretty sure that is the trailer) Anyway who knows,you may have one for $25.00! You can also buy more tickets to increase your odds.. Good Luck, Tom

I went to a dealer in the next town, just to look at trikes and while I was there I spotted the Bushtec Roadstar.

They almost had me sold on it. It looks wonderful and just what we need for our West Coast trip this summer. - I just can't get over the 4k price!!

I read a few of the other posts on here about Bushtec and most have the same reaction - the price!!

I like the idea that the quality / design is tops. I would hate to spend a few dollars less and not be happy with it.

I wish there were other dealers locally that had different brands to compare with.

I've got a month to find one, so if any of you have other suggestions, please speak up.

craigr

Buy one from Piggy Backer or Harbor Frieght and have Bushtec painted on the side. :rotf:

Yup, these companies that make motorcycle trailers must think bikers are gazillionaires. For that price. I could buy an enclosed trailer. Haul my bike in it and everything else I wanted/needed to, never have to worry about the weather and get to my destination, and ride around the area I was going to.... These people must be major druggies who build these things, and the people that pay these prices have a lot more money than the average Joe Schmuck.....

:depressed::confused::confused07::starz::mad:

Time to get off it now...I vented...

:soapbox:

Yup, these companies that make motorcycle trailers must think bikers are gazillionaires. For that price. I could buy an enclosed trailer. Haul my bike in it and everything else I wanted/needed to, never have to worry about the weather and get to my destination, and ride around the area I was going to.... These people must be major druggies who build these things, and the people that pay these prices have a lot more money than the average Joe Schmuck.....

:depressed::confused::confused07::starz::mad:

Time to get off it now...I vented...

:soapbox:

If you do that you will have to sell your YAM and get a H.D.:bawling:

Guest Ken8143
Got an idea for ya.....Buy some raffle tickets for the Venture Rally in August..I think they are $25.00 for 3 tickets on a chance to win a Bushtec trailer.( Im pretty sure that is the trailer) Anyway who knows,you may have one for $25.00! You can also buy more tickets to increase your odds.. Good Luck, Tom

I bought a few of those raffle tickets last year and had strong thoughts that I had won it but someone must have stole my ticket. What a bummer!

I DO have the money to spend on it, but I am having trouble with the price anyway.

I could buy another 'older' bike for that!!

I wish I could try pulling a 'cheaper' one, just to show myself that there isn't any difference.

If I am going to spend a bunch of money on one, I would rather spend the extra dollars to get 'the BEST' - NOT just he most expensive.

Is there really a difference pulling the Bushtec and other trailers?

We are taking a 10k ish trip this year and I don't want to be unhappy with our choice.

(I know.... I am trying to talk myself into the Bushtec).

craigr

you may not like the looks of this trailer but I own one and assure you it is VERY stable,all aluminum construction independent torsion axle $1494.00 on ebay or buy direct from Thomas Bus Sales I think it is..If you cant find their number I have it if you need it. I have read many threads on NOT pulling MTY because easy to sway a MC trailer but I cannot make mine sway under ANY condition.Very lightweight and comes with LED lights standard and cooler rack standard. Here it is on Ebay link and I will put a pic of my bike below....Also they come in different colors. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Aluma-Motorcycle-Trailer-MCT-$1,494.00-200-IN-STOCK!!!_W0QQitemZ110395902032QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxq20090529?IMSfp=TL090529156001r29359 By the way this is Thomas Bus Sales that has these listed,they usually have 150-200 in stock..I know here in San Antonio area they retail at 2100.00 retail but they will not budge on price..at least before the recession hit.

Edited by Tom

I DO have the money to spend on it, but I am having trouble with the price anyway.

I could buy another 'older' bike for that!!

I wish I could try pulling a 'cheaper' one, just to show myself that there isn't any difference.

If I am going to spend a bunch of money on one, I would rather spend the extra dollars to get 'the BEST' - NOT just he most expensive.

We are taking a 10k ish trip this year and I don't want to be unhappy with our choice.

(I know.... I am trying to talk myself into the Bushtec).

craigr

I bought a used Harbor Freight trailer and car top carrier from a guy who never finished the project. I finished it, painted the frame with truck bed liner, painted the top of the carrier with a spray can and was very happy with it. It pulled no problem and held a bunch of stuff. My total investment was maybe $300. If you aren't worried about looks, this is the cheapest way to go and works great.

The only difference that I am aware of is if you get a flat on a Bushtec, you are still able to pull the trailer because the side walls of the tires are strong enough where they do not collapse. However finding a replacement tire at the closest Wal Mart or tire store may be a picnic.

Replacement tires for most all other trailers can be found in just about any town / city.

I absolutely LOVE the Bushtec trailers. I think they are the best made. The prices are high but in line with other upper end trailers. To each his own. I know that some folks would never pay that much for a trailer but for others, it is worth the money to them.

That being said, we MAY be giving away a different brand at the Rally this year. Bushtec has changed ownership and are not offering the same deal for club's as they have in the past. I am probably going to be looking at some other brands this year. Not sure yet which way we will go.

Guest Saddletramp

If you go to Aluma Trailers website there is a listing of dealers nationwide. Nothing against Thomas, they seem like nice people, but there are dealers usually closer to your locations.

Once you spend a week pulling a Bushtec, you will see why they cost as much as they do. No bouncing, hopping or wagging. Smooth on corners due to swivel connection. You will not wish you had not purchased the Bushtec. Do it right the first time.

I pull a Bushtec Roadstar and really like it. I have never pulled any other type of trailer with a bike , so I have no way to say if it is any better than another, but it really does pull well and is very stable.

There are a couple of used Bushtec trailers on the Bushtec website, go to the forum section and check it out. Sometimes you can find a deal from Bushtec if you catch them at an event, I picked mine up at an event in Daytona, it was a demo unit they wanted to move, got for about a grand off list price.

Another nice thing about the Bushtec is the hitch and the way it mounts to the Royalstar models. They just replace the center stay that connects the stays under the bags with a new piece that has the hitch pin welded on to it.

Good luck with what ever you decide.