IGNORED

Adding Weather Underground PWS Stickers

Click user CP just to the top left of your post. Click "Edit Signature". Once there scoll to the bottom to the "Upload signature picture.

Go to the link you posted and click on "Add PWS stickers to your website". Pick the sticker you want and copy the URL (most of those suckers are really large but I couldn't find a way to get stickers that are more like the others here use.)

NOTE: Found a way to get stickers more like most use here. Try this page:

http://www.wunderground.com/geo/BannerPromo/US/WA/Camano_Island.html

find the sticker you want click it, copy the lines of HTML code they tell you to and come back and put it in the URL line in the Venture Rider site. Click the "save signature" button and that should do it

I believe I heard that you can only have one picture posted in your signature at a time. So, with your map posted, I don't think you can post anything else.

Not 100% sure on that but, I believe, that's what I read on here once.

• 2 years later...

What Rstacy said.

To get the link you have to first go to the weather underground and get to the page where you are viewing the weather for the station that you want to use.

At the top of the page, just to the right of center is a link "Make this Location a Weather Sticker" Click on this link and pick the way you want to display the weather. Copy the URL like Rstacy said.

If you want to use the data from your own weather station you must first make your weather station available on weather underground.

Well, I finally got this to work for me. It seems not all the stickers are compatible or lack the right HTML to make it a banner in our sig line. I'm not an expert, so take that with a grain of salt.

I could not get the banner to work from the HTML code that it generates when you click on the "Make this location a weather sticker", but right under that code is a banner with the words "Get more styles and options for your weather sticker here". Click on it.

It brings up a page to build your sticker. I found that the tab "New Stickers" generated code that would not work in my signature line. But click on the tab that says "Classic Stickers". There I clicked on various stickers and they worked once I copied the HTML code, and pasting it into my signature file.

In doing a preview signature, you will see errors from the forum software stating you have too many lines, but I saved my signature and all worked fine.

Hope this helps

Ex