Getting the wind off your knees

BuddyRich

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got mine in the other day, but they didn't look like they were lining up right so I didn't put them on yet. How thick is the block you are using? I have the stuff to make that here, and now that I have seen your more detailed pics I will get them on.

Thanks

Cliff, make it just thick enough so you have to squeeze it in. Use some velcro to get them to stick. After a year or so the stuff usually get compressed so you have to replace it. The polyethylene (stuff you find computers shipped in) is stiff enough to push up, but will still compress if you hit something with that lower fairing.

• 2 weeks later...
Got my set and I have to say that they make a HUGE difference. I finally got to try them out for a short ride and was very pleasantly surprised. These are a must have for anybody who rides in cooler temperatures. It will be money very well spent.

Good enough endorsement for me! PayPal payment sent for a set. Thank Buddy!

Andrew

If you ordered before 10-7 yours went out today. After 10-7 They'll go out this Friday and Monday.I think I'm getting caught up and should be able to make enough to stay ahead by the end of next week. Thanks And hope y'all like them. Any question you can get a hold of me anytime. You can tell where I hang out most of the time :rotf:. Its not an addiction,,, I swear....:whistling:

• 3 weeks later...

I orders a gloss black set and took my first ride today with them. Totally works. Thanks !!!!

Anyone with a 2nd gen should get a set. All wind removed from the knee area.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_9EMyKcng_yA/SuokiruraRI/AAAAAAAADI8/hQVfzjcEDjA/s640/IMG00016.jpg

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_9EMyKcng_yA/SuokivURZsI/AAAAAAAADJA/CZauzBx3fnk/s640/IMG00017.jpg

Several years ago I cut down my wind shield to where I could just see over it. Too many layers a plastic to look thru. But a 80, the wind got a little bumpy on my helmet.

Not anymore.

The deflectors absolutely smoothed out the ride at higher speeds. Thanks.

I have the XL clearview windshield. It is so good, that after I put it on, I had a huge amount of wind coming at me from the area betweem the lowers and the fairing. On Saturday, I installed the deflectors. Rode 250 Miles on Sunday. What a difference. Instead of a mass of air blowing straight up into my face, all I had was a swirl of air. They eliminated 80% of the airflow. The only place I felt any air at all was at the outside edge of my glasses. Everyone should try them...They truly work...

PS: This is not a paid advertisement. If it was I would have gotten them for free......

:missingtooth:

:Venture:

I orders a gloss black set and took my first ride today with them. Totally works. Thanks !!!!

Anyone with a 2nd gen should get a set. All wind removed from the knee area.

can you show me a picture, with the view from the riders position how it looks like.

thanks

What is the shipping cost to Canada?

Also, what is on your rear footrest?

Thanks,

John

Hi John, Same cost. 35.00

That thing on the right passenger footrest is the part of the side/battery covers that goes between the 2 side covers. I was replacing the fuel filter when I shot those pics I think.

Thanks