IGNORED

Saying goodbye to an old friend

Guest ReinyRooster

Guest ReinyRooster

While I have been enjoying my new 2000 Wing for two days now, I have confirmed that my 1st gen is leaving tomorrow for good. It was my second 1st gen. and both were great bikes. This last one was an '87 Royale and it took me to Potato Creek in '05(?), Americade in '06 and Colorado in '07. I thoroughly enjoyed every one of those trips and smile when I remember them. That bike always ran strong, and still does. She a pretty machine and I will truly miss her.

Having said that, I LOVE my Wing. It is a 2000 Aspencade. On my 1st gen I was on tip toes at the stop, on the Wing I can sit flatfooted at the stop. It has a significantly lower centre of gravity which you really notice when cornering. Where the 1st gen seemed to love leaning into the turn, the Wing needs to be thrown into the turn but then it rights itself easier. The Wing has tons of pickup and is very smooth. It has all the amenities one could ask for. Although the foot position on the Wing is probably very close to that of the 1st gen, the fairing on the Wing is not as close to my knees, making it feel roomier.

Anyway, I am looking forward to taking it for a nice run to Freebird's maintenance day and really looking forward to seeing some of you people again.

Here are few pics of the new Wing.

Nice scoot. Guess you'll be parking with the rest of us 'outcast' wingers huh. You will find out (as I did the hard way) the GW is no corner hugger. As you said it wants to stay verticle. But you still have a place in your heart for the Venture, so ride and enjoy

:178:

Guest ReinyRooster

What's left to say.....there both nice bikes and now I can say I've owned at least one of each. Much like the members of this club...each one is different..each one has it's own personality...not even gonna get into that as it relates to this club's members! Hope to se some of you tomorrow at Carl's. Think I can make it by for a short visit.