IGNORED

CB/Radio/Cassette not working

Wired in some extra horns under the fairing, and added 2 switches for heated vests and a carb heater cut-off switch last night. This morning, I had problems. The cassette would play and i could change volume, but only through the speakers. None of the other settings on the unit were effective. Ejected cassette, had blank screen, and every now & then "CASS" would flash on screen.

I never did cure itself all day. I will check if I messed up some connections under fairing, and also check fuse under right lower cowling but other than that I have no ideas. I'm thinking it is dealer time and check out warrenty unless someone has experience this particular problem before?:bang head:

Of course you gonna know what happened today, right? You guessed it. Came out in the garage, held my nose differently and turned the key. Things started flashing, so I tapped the unit and wiggled wires (as if I didn't do this a jillion times on the 8 hour ride yesterday) and away it went. So, unless i can get it to do it again, there is no use taking it to the Yamaha dealer. Thanks for the response Sarge46.

Barry.... did you disconnect all the associated wiring and put some dielectric grease on them? According to other posts I've read, this helps. I haven't done mine yet but next time I have it apart, I plan to. Having said that tho, when I was monkeying with the cassette removal, etc, I've disconnected everything at least a couple times .... no problems so far (touch wood)