IGNORED

Weapon for ‘Mass Distraction’ (How big is your horn!)

dragerman

Yes, I said ‘distraction’.

First of all let me say that I use my scoot for more then just unwinding on pleasurable scenic rides along quiet country back roads... it’s also transportation. As a result I often find myself rolling across the big slab to get from point ‘A’ to point ‘B’ and like you have seen my share of “S##T” (careless driving).

I don’t have to tell you folks about the attentiveness required for riding motorcycle but the fact of the matter is that the same attentiveness is required no matter what you’re driving! The difference is that if something goes wrong we are the one’s who will get hurt regardless of fault. Riding motorcycle commands your attention. On the other hand a car will conveniently allow the opportunity to read a map, fix your hair, talk or text on the phone, eat your breakfast, tend to the kids... all while boot’n down the highway at breakneck speeds, need I go on! The two don’t mix and that’s why it’s nice to have a Weapon for ‘Mass Distraction’

It’s nice to know that we have some options for those times when defensive driving just isn’t enough... gosh I love my air horn! I have the ‘Bad Boys’ mounted under the fairing and my only regret is that I didn’t install them sooner. My thanks to the people who make this product, it has helped me more then once! Having said that... I must apologize to the gentleman who undoubtedly soiled his pants after he wandered into my lane while chatting on the phone. Judging by his reaction he must have thought a freight train was coming, he pulled back so quickly that he overshot his lane on the other side before finding center of his own. Yes I’m sorry alright, sorry that he bothered to go out for a drive and leave his senses parked at home! Did I mention that I love my air horn! ... Now if we could only come up with something for the tailgaters!!!

Edited by dragerman

Amen to that! I have 2 of the wolo bad boys on my RSTD mounted in place of the passenger floor boards. I too have got that "holy crap, what was that noise" look from a couple of lane drifters and 'wait until the last secod before I realized I needed to turn right from the left lane' cagers. Saved my bike and more importantly my hide more than once. Nothing better than two 120db's air horns to bring a daydreamer back to reality. Of course, I probably should appologize to the woman who was putting her mascara on in the mirror when the light changed and ended up with a long black mark on her cheek after she jumped when I hit the horn to wake her up.

Yep, the air horn is one of the best accessories you can put on a bike. Although I should apologize for using the horn a few times, the heck with them I just wish it was louder.

Good post,

BOO

Yes, I said ‘distraction’.

... Now if we could only come up with something for the tailgaters!!!

It's called a pocket full of heavy nuts, or ball bearings. Not that I am encouraging that at all :whistling:

It's called a pocket full of heavy nuts, or ball bearings. Not that I am encouraging that at all :whistling:

Do you really want 3,000 lbs of metal close behind you and really POed?

I either drive faster or pull over and let them get by. I can then follow them to find all of the radar for me.

What might really work is to get a strobe from the top of a school bus (check bone yards) mounted under your trunk. I don't think anyone would want to follow that close.

On my P/U truck I get a lot of really small cages crawling up my tail to draft me. I have replaced my back up bulbs with 55W H3 bulbs.

I have a switch to turn them on when needed.

I run a set of the 132db horns from Harbor Freight. They are sometimes on sale for $10 or so. The bell comes red, so I paint them Gloss black. I do not split the two horns to one compressor as I have a compressor for each side. For what these cost, they are very effective and have no doubt saved my life.

RandyA