IGNORED

hoover dam

Redneck

After a search by home land security we were allowed to go across hoover dam. It was a sight to see with lots of traffic both vehicle and foot. They are building a bypass road and bridge that will cross the canyon about 500 yards from the dam. The two sides of the bridge arch support are up and most of the road on both sides are done

Thanks for the pics redneck.....I used to live in Boulder City Nv....The town was built for the workers that were makeing the dam....One of the very few towns in Nv. that doesnt allow any gambling.

It's been a few years since we were across the dam and the water was pretty low. Looking at the pictures it won't be long before you won't need a bridge to get across.

Well maybe to cross the canyon but Lake Mead is going to be dry in a few years at the rate it's going.

Nice pictures,

BOO

Awesome pictures. Wow' date=' they have done a lot on the bridge since we were there last October! It is neat to compare our pictures versus yours! :thumbsup2:[/color']

Hey, we didn't get searched when we went through! :confused07::whistling::confused24:

Yeah Bobbie but.............

Awesome pictures. Wow' date=' they have done a lot on the bridge since we were there last October! It is neat to compare our pictures versus yours! :thumbsup2:[/color']

Hey, we didn't get searched when we went through! :confused07::whistling::confused24:

All motor homes get searched. No rental trucks or comercial trucks are allowed on the dam after 9/11

All motor homes get searched. No rental trucks or comercial trucks are allowed on the dam after 9/11

Lets face it Redneck,

Bobbie is just better looking then you.....And George...well, lets leave that one alone :rotf:

It's been a few years since we were across the dam and the water was pretty low. Looking at the pictures it won't be long before you won't need a bridge to get across.

Well maybe to cross the canyon but Lake Mead is going to be dry in a few years at the rate it's going.

Nice pictures,

BOO

I don't think the white material on the mountain walls is the water line I thought that as well then on closer inspection that white line is above the top of the dam. We stayed in meadview az for a couple of days its on the south shore of lake mead at the west end of the grand canyon. I rode down to the lake a couple of times and I would guess the lake is down about 12 feet which is a substantial amount given the size of the lake but they have a few gallons left to go. These pictured are about 40 miles up stream from the dam.