IGNORED

The Grand canyon

Redneck

It is grand it takes some time to get a feel for what you are looking at. I looked in to it for quite a while then saw a helicopter flying through about half way down and a quarter of the way across and it was just a speck I took a picture of it on 30x zoom to give an idea of the size of the canyon. The colors change with the movement of the sun and clouds very quickly. I have heard many languages spoken here more than any place I have ever been there are people here from all over the world.

Just a BIG dam hole!--------thank ya'll fer sharing your vacation------I've enjoyed viewing all of the photo's-------the 'CANYON' is truly magnificent------hope to see use folks in AR-Kansas----in Aug.:thumbsup2::clap2::usa::usa:

It is grand it takes some time to get a feel for what you are looking at. I looked in to it for quite a while then saw a helicopter flying through about half way down and a quarter of the way across and it was just a speck I took a picture of it on 30x zoom to give an idea of the size of the canyon. The colors change with the movement of the sun and clouds very quickly. I have heard many languages spoken here more than any place I have ever been there are people here from all over the world.

Dude, my buddy and I are riding to AZ from Houston, stopping at the Grand Canyon and Sedona. We're going two weeks from today, so your posts could not be more timely.

Thanks for making me even MORE excited!

Dave

This August, my wife and I are heading from Omaha to Washington State, down the California coast highway to San Diego, to Vegas for a night and as of yesterday, we are now planning to stop by the Grand Canyon.

I will have to show her your picks. Hopefully we will get some of our own to post.

craigr

You and your family are living one of my life long dreams Mike.

One day, hopefully not to much longer, on a bike, I will head out that way and ride to where the sky meets the earth.

I have longed to do what your doing, and see those parts of the world that you have already been blessed to see.

I wish you all a safe journey.

Thanks for the pics too....I looked at each one twice, then called my wife in to look at them again with me.

:thumbsup2:

Redneck - Pics are just GREAT !! This is the 4th year we have made plans to go. The first year we lost a dil to cancer. She was diagnosed and passed within a month. Couldn't leave my son -- The second year gas prices scared the heck out of us. the third year my wife was diagnosed with ovarian cancer, another summer of surgery and chemo. 8 weeks ago I had to have my rt.knee replaced, 1st injury & surgery in1960 in the Army, 3 more surgeries in 1978 & 79.

2 months ago the shots didn't work so they took it out. Good thing is that I did ride the bike (2007 Venture) today for the 6th time since surgery. Bad thing is that I have to force a 95 degree bend. Hopefully in a month or so I'll be somewhat back to normal, whatever that is.

We plan on putting the bike in a trailer, hook up the Z71 and go. Camp at campgrounds whenever we can and stay at hotels/motels when we need to.

I know I won't be able to ride the bike all the way but I still want to be able to experience the "open road" that's only available on a bike. That's why the trailer, gonna cost a little more but I don't intend to take it with me and I'm not leaving a big inheritance.

Thanks for the pics, it only makes us want to go for sure this year.

Oooh lordy, it looks along way down, I think if I was standing there I would feel a twinge in my lower torso and a shiver down my spine.:shock3: But one day I'd like to get there.

Great pics Mike.

Ian

Great pics guys! Thanks for sharing!

The Grand Canyon's one place Irene and I have never made it to. Every time I see pics the itch builds.

Oh, and how 'bout that road in #2215. I mean, sure, burros and all that, but a guy can dream...

I was just there in Dec. We did the helicopter thing, landed down on a rock and got into a pontoon boat for a ride down the river then back in the chopper. We also went to the place with the glass walkout. I have to say that this is probably the most beautiful place Ive ever seen. My wife had tears in her eyes as she looked on.