I was told by the dealer when I just bought mine this past week the only difference between the 2008 and the 2009 is they made the CD player stock, and added $1000 to the price... (so yes, supposedly the cassette is still in there too)

Yes, it's the same OLD over priced CD player they sell in the accessory mag.. guess they had too many laying around they needed to get rid of.

I was told by the dealer when I just bought mine this past week the only difference between the 2008 and the 2009 is they made the CD player stock, and added $1000 to the price... (so yes, supposedly the cassette is still in there too)

Yes, it's the same OLD over priced CD player they sell in the accessory mag.. guess they had too many laying around they needed to get rid of.

Awe man, thats really disappointing. I cant even imagine how much space that damn CD player takes up in the side bag.

Does the 2009 Royal Star Venture have a cassette player in the fairing? or did they step into the 20th century? Im going to look at one tomorrow. Thanks!

:12101:

Cassette player is still where they have it. I was at a dealer on Saturday, and they told me that there will be no changes to the Royal Star Venture until 2011, and that includes the cassette player and fuel injection.

Cassette player is still where they have it. I was at a dealer on Saturday, and they told me that there will be no changes to the Royal Star Venture until 2011, and that includes the cassette player and fuel injection.

I actually have a fuel injection now. Is there anything I should worry about with the carbs? Other than every once in a while having to sync them and keep them clean.

And keep in mind, the CD player will take up some of the space in either the saddlebag or the trunk... most put them in the saddlebag now, I believe. I'd tell them to take the CD player out and just use an MP3 or Music from a GPS.

I actually have a fuel injection now. Is there anything I should worry about with the carbs? Other than every once in a while having to sync them and keep them clean.

Nope, they seems to work great, even at altitudes. Sometimes floats stick. Keep em clean as you mentioned and you should have no issues.

Anyone know who makes the radio for the new Venture? I think I've read that the CD changer is made by Alpine. I think that there are two types of Alpine CD changer protocols. Alpine AI-Net, and M-Bus.

If so, there may be a different alternative to the CD changer.

There are several companies that make iPod interfaces that connect to the radio CD changer connector.

http://www.aius.net/neucleus_2008appguide_5-08.pdf

Sorry but I can't help further, as I don't have a 2nd gen venture.

I'm still happy with my '86VR with my GPS/MP3 conversion. It works great.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7067

The CD player is made by Clarion. You could buy a brand new one from several online sources for around $120.00 at one time. I think it has been discontinued though. If I remember correctly, it is a C-Bus. I bought one years ago for about $125.00 with shipping included but only used it for a couple of months before getting rid of it and going to MP3.

If I remember correctly, the stock radio is made by Clarion also.