IGNORED

My Favorite

Pic

I have had quite a few myself, but my favorite happened to my Uncle Jim. I grew with my whole family riding bikes. When I was a teenager me and my brother had 2, my Mom & Dad both had 1, my grandfather had 1, had 2 uncles that had bikes and several cousin that did.

We used to take vacations to Camp Albert Pike in Arkansa and would trailor some dirt bikes to ride in the mountains there. Uncle Jim who did not own a bike wanted to ride one so my Grandfather had a Suzuki 90 that had the short fat tires on it an told him to take it.

Uncle Jim took off by himself and was gone for several hours. We were getting worried about him and fixin to send out a little search party when we saw him pushing the bike back. We all walked over to see what was wrong.

Uncle Jim was standing there holding up the bike and sweat was pouring off him. My Grandfather asked him what happened and he said he had run out of gas. My Grandfather asked if he had switched to reserve and Uncle Jim looked at him funny like what are you talking about. My Grandfather reached down and switched to reserve and with 3 kicks started it up.

Uncle Jim was mad as a hornet and started cussing and swearing about having pushed the bike a couple of miles.

We all fell about laughing histerically. The more we laughed the madder Uncle Jim got.

To this day when we all get together we remind Uncle Jim about his little exercise session on the mountain.