IGNORED

West Virginia

Freebird

• 4 weeks later...

Name of Restaurant Kac Ka Pon

Street Address 395 E. Main St (RT 55 at RT 259)

City Wardensville

State or Province WV

Website (Optional) www.kackaponrestaurant.com/

Quality of Food Great

Quality of Service Good

Biker Friendly? (Parking, Trusted Location, Etc.) Yes

Kind of Food? (Mexican, Chinese, etc.) America-Home style

Alcohol Served? No

Additional Comments This is on Rt 55/28 in West Va maybe 10 miles from the Va line. It is almost where 259 opens into 4 lanes. I've eaten here twice now while on a ride. Had Roast Turkey with dressing and gravy with rolls, sweet potato casserole and green beans. All very good. It was very busy today so service was slow but the ladies are very nice there. Will stop again.

Price for the meal above with Iced tea was less than $12.00.

• 6 months later...

Name of Restaurant Hermitage Inn Restaurant

Street Address 203 Virginia Ave

City Petersburg

State or Province WV

Website (Optional) www.hermitageinn.net

Quality of Food Great

Quality of Service Good

Kind of Food? (Mexican, Chinese, etc.) American

Alcohol Served? Yes

Additional Comments Casual Dining. Banquet Facilities.

I know they serve lunch and dinner. I presume breakfast as well since it's an Inn. Nice old Inn with great decorations. I had a Fried Dough covered with Apple Butter for an appetizer and wow. Great. I'd definitely go again.

• 3 years later...

Name of Restaurant Quinnets

Street Address rt 7

City NewMartinsville

State or Province WV

Website (Optional) I think they do

Quality of Food Fantastic

Quality of Service Fantastic

Kind of Food? (Mexican, Chinese, etc.) HomeCooking Buffet Style

Alcohol Served? Yes

Additional Comments If you ever ride through NewMartinsville . Come hungry because it's the best HomeCooked Buffet that you will ever eat . All food is homemade and never sits around and collects dust. There homemade pies are so good that it would make you want to slap your own Moma in the mouth . Lol

Name of Restaurant Waffle House

Street Address Off I-79

City FlatWoods

State or Province WV

Website (Optional) -

Kind of Food? (Mexican, Chinese, etc.) Breakfast and Lunch;Supper

Alcohol Served? No

Additional Comments Stop in here for the best Breakfast ever and prices that are down to earth. You don't have to pay for refills on coffee here and I suggest there homemade Biscuit smootherd in Tomato gravy . Don't think you won't get enough here to eat . Me and my brother left out of there feeling miserably from to much and it was under twenty bucks for us both.

• 8 months later...

Name of Restaurant Mikes Dinner

Street Address Main Street

City War

State or Province WV

Website (Optional) https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mikes-Dinner/365563943575089?rf=199744040040895

Kind of Food? (Mexican, Chinese, etc.) Southern Home Style

Alcohol Served? No

Additional Comments

While out on a 7 day motorcycle ride, my best friend and I stopped here at Mikes Dinner for breakfast. When we walked in to the place, I almost said, lets go somewhere else. However, the girl behind the counter said have a seat anywhere you want. By that time I was standing at the counter facing her. I asked her if she had a menu, and she handed me a piece of note book paper with the menu written on it. My friend (Paul) and I laughed. I said I have to go get my camera off my bike. I want a picture of this. When I came back in with my camera Paul was sitting in a booth ordering coffee for the both of us. I knew we were staying. I took several photos of the menu and other interior wall decorations then sat down with Paul. The owner came up and asked if we were hungry and if we decided what we wanted. She recommended her home made biscuits and gravy which Paul ordered. I requested eggs and sausage and toast. In a matter of 8 to 10 minutes, here came our breakfast and I'm telling you it was the best darn breakfast I have ever had from a restaurant in all my years of traveling the US. She even brought me a bowl of her gravy and asked me to at least try it. I couldn't stop dipping everything I had on my plate in her gravy, and I am not a biscuit and gravy guy. All in all I have to say if you are ever on HWY 16 going south from Welch, WV and you are coming into WAR, WV. as soon as you go over the Railroad tracks look to your right while you are still on the tracks and you will see Mikes Dinner. If you do stop there, tell her ECK sent you and that Eck is the one who said he is a moderator on a motorcycle site and said he would post on the internet about their restaurant and the exciting experience he had here. Oh and ask her if you could also have a slice of her home grown (cold) tomatoes. Awesome breakfast place. Yes, it looks like a dive when you first see the place and walk in, but give it a chance and you won’t be disappointed