City Dallas

State or Province TX

Website (Optional) http://www.lacalledoce-dallas.com/

Quality of Food Fantastic

Quality of Service Good

Biker Friendly? (Parking, Trusted Location, Etc.) Yes

Kind of Food? (Mexican, Chinese, etc.) Mexican Seafood

Alcohol Served? Yes

Additional Comments This was our favorite Mexican restaurant when we lived in the Dallas area. The specialty is Mexican Seafood but they have conventional Mexican food also and it is great. Their shrimp cocktail is the best I've ever had and the seafood cocktail is even better. Man I miss this place. Not the best location and not a large place. Can get pretty crowded on Friday and Saturday nights.

Name of Restaurant Mustang Creek Bbq

Street Address Highway 59 S

City Louise,

State or Province TX

Website (Optional) 979-648-2600

Quality of Food Good

Quality of Service Good

Kind of Food? (Mexican, Chinese, etc.) Bar-B-Que

Alcohol Served? No

Additional Comments this is a all you can eat BBQ

you get ribs, brisket, sausage, chicken, and pork. buttered potatoes, cold slaw, potato-salad. rice-salad. Banana pudding and Ice tee.

all you can eat for about $9.00

Name of Restaurant Cattlemen's Steak House

Street Address Fabens Road, 5 miles North of I-10

City Fabens, 25 miles east of El Paso

State or Province TX

Website (Optional) -

Quality of Food Great

Quality of Service Good

Kind of Food? (Mexican, Chinese, etc.) Beef (what else), BBQ, manly beans, girly cole slaw

Alcohol Served? Yes

Additional Comments Best place to eat in West Texas, semi-expensive, party rustic atmosphere, seating for hundreds, caters to very large parties, beans are explosive but pineapple cole slaw quiets them down, in the middle of nowhere, several movies made locally here, hay rides, desert animal zoo, and wild life sits in large windows looking at you. No reservations needed. A must try...:thumbsup: Hot outside in the summer:scorched: Cool inside.

• 6 months later...

Name of Restaurant Great American Land and Cattle

Street Address 4 locations in ....

City El Paso

State or Province TX

Website (Optional) -

Quality of Service Fantastic

Kind of Food? (Mexican, Chinese, etc.) Texas style beef, ribs, burgers & more

Alcohol Served? Yes

Additional Comments Just thinking of eating there makes me hungry. In town so easy to get too. $$. They have THE best seasoning on meat anywhere. Full meals have cole slaw and beans to die for. Come extra hungry, leave 5#'s heavier. Don't forget your boots this is Texas.

Guest tx2sturgis

Name of Restaurant Underwoods Cafeteria

Street Address 404 W Commerce St

City Brownwood

State or Province TX

Website (Optional) http://www.underwoodsbbq.com/

Quality of Food Great

Quality of Service Great

Kind of Food? (Mexican, Chinese, etc.) BBQ

Alcohol Served? No

Additional Comments The BBQ chicken dinner is wonderful...practically falls off the bone and you'll want to get plenty of napkins! Its a serving line, you choose your main item then pile on all the side dishes. Very friendly staff...take out available when the serving line is long, which it is around lunch and dinner time, (use the takeout-order window) overflow parking on east side, and closed on Wednesday.

Guest tx2sturgis

Name of Restaurant Smokey Joes Texas Cafe

Street Address 2903 W 6th Ave

City Amarillo

State or Province TX

Website (Optional) http://www.thelocalsgohere.com/smokey_r.html

Quality of Food Great

Quality of Service Great

Kind of Food? (Mexican, Chinese, etc.) steaks, burgers, chicken fried steaks

Alcohol Served? Yes

Additional Comments Very biker oriented...parking out front ( and back) and seating where you can watch your bike. Friendly waitresses, and Dean, one of the owners, will usually be out front visiting with customers. I highly recommend the Chicken Fried Steak with jalapeno gravy, very tasty, not TOO spicy..just right..and be sure to try the beer-o-rings!..you will not leave hungry! Located in the heart of the Old Route 66 district in Amarillo, there are numerous antique and novelty stores within a short walking distance, and several biker friendly bars and pubs within a short ride.

Guest tx2sturgis

Name of Restaurant Texas Cafe and Bar

Street Address 3604 50th St

City Lubbock

State or Province TX

Website (Optional) http://www.texascafeandbar.net

Quality of Food Great

Quality of Service Great

Kind of Food? (Mexican, Chinese, etc.) BBQ, burgers

Alcohol Served? Yes

Additional Comments If you like your beer cold, your waitresses attractive, and your bar-b-que delicious, you need to try this place. Very biker friendly ( just park right next to the front door). I particularly enjoy the brisket and sausage plates. They have a full bar, and live music on weekends and often during the week. Music tends to be rock and/or blues. Parking for cars is tight on busy weekend evenings, but normally fitting a bike in is no problem. Outside seating when the weather is nice.

• 2 years later...

Name of Restaurant T-Bone Toms

Street Address 707 Texas 146

City Kemah

State or Province TX

Website (Optional) http://www.tbonetoms.com/

Quality of Food Great

Quality of Service Great

Kind of Food? (Mexican, Chinese, etc.) Home Cookin

Alcohol Served? Yes

Additional Comments Great place to hang out and listen to live music every Thursday through Sunday in the Spring and Fall of the year.

Be sure to get the Chicke fried steak and the green beans are fantastic !!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Name of Restaurant Silver Spur (also known as 'Texas Traditions')

Street Address 607 Broadway Ave

City Gladewater

State or Province TX

Website (Optional) -

Quality of Service Fantastic

Kind of Food? (Mexican, Chinese, etc.) Diner

Alcohol Served? No

Additional Comments Both times we've gone so far, the food has been incredible. I've had the top sirloin both times, and it was so good I didn't need any steak sauce or salt. Both I and my wife are very impressed.

If you go at night, look right next to Economy Inn. The sign 'Silver Spur' is not lit.

The parking lot is run down a bit so just word to the wise.

Some online reviews state that it's way to smoky in there, but we don't smoke, sat in the non-smoking section, and didn't think the smoke was ever to bad.

:thumbsup2:

• 3 months later...

Name of Restaurant Los Cabos Mexican Grill

Street Address 2800 Hwy 36

City Brenham

State or Province TX

Website (Optional) loscabosbrenham.com

Quality of Food Good

Quality of Service Good

Kind of Food? (Mexican, Chinese, etc.) combo Mexican/Steak House

Alcohol Served? Yes

Additional Comments This place is a combination of the Los Cabos Mexican Grill and the Nancy's Steak House chains, both owned by the same group. It's located "up on the hill" directly in front of the Brenham Lowes store just south of the US 290/St. Hwy 36 interesection and takes over part of Lowes' parking lot at peak times.

The menu is HUGE. Most of the Mexican food items that come with refried beans/rice can have that exchanged for a sauteed veggies dish which is heavy on assorted kinds of squash. I prefer it myself. Food quality is good if not better. The hubby has fallen madly in love with the 12oz rib eye [one of the best I've had] which is most definitely cooked to order [he likes it RARE!] Quantity is definitely on the high end as well. Service is good with the bus crew [more like a small army] taking care of drink refills, etc. on a regular basis. Respectable salad bar with assorted soups and the baked potatoes are NOT the small ones.

One side of the restaurant can be divided into private dinning areas. For those of you who may remember the Purcell's Buffet that formerly had the location, the remodel has greatly increased the seating capacity, one reason why part of the Lowes lot ends up being their parking lot.

The only problems we've ever had there were shortly after they opened. Some of our orders got mistaken for another item on the menu. With a menu the size of this one, I can understand the problem. Just make sure your server has the right item you want. They also have the usual vanilla/chocolate soft serve cone machine for us "kids".

This is a great place for dinner or for a meal stop on a day ride. With the dividers on the west side of the building, they can create seating for small or large groups. I haven't tried lunch yet but that will happen one of these days. Hopefully, we'll be having our usual Friday nite dinner out there tomorrow!!