IGNORED

Question on Chrome Radiator Cover

I purchased a Show Chrome radiator cover from JC Whitney. Catalogue said it would fit all 2nd generation Ventures. I have a 2007. When I opened the box to install the instructions say it will fit 1999-2002 only. Called JC Whitney and they called Show Chrome who said it might fit or it might need slight modification. Since I have to dismantle quite a few parts to install I would like to know for sure if it will fit. I like the look of the cover (only one I have found in chrome). Has anyone purchased and installed one of these. If so, will it fit as is or what kind on modification if not. Thanks.

Not meaning to steer you away from chrome...cause everyone loves chrome...but another option is the Wagner Grill made by one of our members Steve Wagner.

It has the retro look and matches the bikes color. It also is a true rad protector. I have one and it looks great.

See the preferred vendor section to find his site.

I use the ShowChrome radiator cover and like it. I have put several on, and it will fit any RSV. The tabs do need to be bent to align with the bolts, and the installation can be difficult. Biggest problem is getting the lower bolts back in - sometimes they don't align well with the holes. Take your time and think about what might need to be shifted to make the alignment. :080402gudl_prv:

Goose

Thanks for the responses. I am interested in Chrome because I had LED lights installed and would like to enhance the front of the bike as well as dress up & protect the radiator. The part No. at JC Whitney is ZX013968U.

Remember the rules.... PICTURES !!! (when you get it all installed and the lights glowin)

:thumbsup2: