IGNORED

Routes from Summerville, SC to Decatur, IL with limited interstate

Guest ellegood

Guest ellegood

Greetings:

Denise, my wife, and I are planning a tripp to IL in July and would like to stay off of the Interstates as much as possible, any recommendations or map sites.

Thanks

Mike

• 5 years later...

Hello Mike When you get to Illinois rt. 45 runs the full length of state, coming through the southern most part of the state is drastically different( in a good way in my opinion) from the rest of the state. When you get to Effingham you could angle towards Decatur, or stay on rt.45 till you reach rt.36, then go west about 20 mins. to Decatur. Kenny

Hello Mike When you get to Illinois rt. 45 runs the full length of state, coming through the southern most part of the state is drastically different( in a good way in my opinion) from the rest of the state. When you get to Effingham you could angle towards Decatur, or stay on rt.45 till you reach rt.36, then go west about 20 mins. to Decatur. Kenny

In my best Maxwell Smart voice imitation I would normally say - OK 99,, call the Chief but,, seems how everyone else is sleeping except me and Dan - and I gotta hunch he is feeding his mug and watching a ball game or something - I will handle this one (YammerDan and I are the unofficial self appointed 3rd shift hosts, head mechanics, Phycologists, Anthropologists, Microbioligist, food tasters and Nuclear Physists cause we have insomnia)..

Anyway 99,, the old post that you dug up was actually a trap setup to lure new members into having to do a cross country ride, take pictures and than report back here with a story about the ride and have pics with it.. It was designed to trick unsuspecting new members into doing that and than using their example to get older VR members into the habit of including pics in with their ride stories too.. You see, some people here, I wont mention any names, cant even remember who they are half the time so we dont even ask whether or not they can read,,, bottom line - pics solve a LOT of problems in our family...

All that said,,,,, and seems how "Ellegood" never did come back with a ride report back in '09 when he started this thread,,, I got a thought for you to consider.. How about you climb on your 84 sometime this coming summer,, start in your home town of Decatur.. To stay in theme with Ellegood's original thought - just point your bike toward Summerville and ride that direction until ya find it.... Take pics of all the cool stuff ya find along the path and come back and tell us allll about it.....

Kenny,, I have ridden quite a bit of southern Illinois and totally agree with you,, NICE RIDING!!!! Welcome to VR :big-grin-emoticon:

Puc out...

Edited by cowpuc

I was in Decatur Il in April 2013 and there is a VERY large Chevy dealership in town (about 300 employees) and they make you trade your 2011 Silverado Z71 LT on a 2013 Silverado Z71 LTZ when someone t-bones you.

Fortunately for me they had an identical truck (except for the Z part) and I didn't even have to tell my wife I got a new truck. Unfortunately, I only had 19,000 miles on the 2011 but the salesman calls every 6 months or so just to say Hi

I'm a bit confused..... The original post was from 2009 and some are replying in 2014? Maybe my afternoon nap lasted too long?

This happens a lot. When posting and something pops up similar from the archive posts, some people just run with it. I always try to look at the starting date of the post, but sometimes I miss it too. Some posts are not that date sensitive as they may still pertain to current issues, but one like this, not so much. Maybe if more original posters would do a better followup on their questions, it would help.

It does surprise me sometimes how many posts can go on before someone mentions the original date of the thread.

RandyA

Edited by Venturous Randy

I'm a bit confused..... The original post was from 2009 and some are replying in 2014? Maybe my afternoon nap lasted too long?

Wow sometimes I do the exact opposite; I'll respond to a current thread but do it a really long time ago.

Wow sometimes I do the exact opposite; I'll respond to a current thread but do it a really long time ago.

So if you are responding to a current post...a long time ago...then you are actually responding before it's posted? U b psychic me thinks...:thumbsup2: