IGNORED

Just curious

Condor

When you go over a toll bridge, or onto a Tollway, do they charge you extra for the trailer behind the scoot?? I've never pulled a bike trailer over one of our toll bridges here in NorCal, but when pulling my inclosed tandem trailer they charge more than twice than what just my pickup would cost. Pisses me off!! Thought it would be interesting to disconect it and push it thru the toll booth. We also have toll free car pool lanes that allow bikes at certain times during the day. I wonder if the free-b would also include towing a trailer??? :think:

When you go over a toll bridge, or onto a Tollway, do they charge you extra for the trailer behind the scoot?? I've never pulled a bike trailer over one of our toll bridges here in NorCal, but when pulling my inclosed tandem trailer they charge more than twice than what just my pickup would cost. Pisses me off!! Thought it would be interesting to disconect it and push it thru the toll booth. We also have toll free car pool lanes that allow bikes at certain times during the day. I wonder if the free-b would also include towing a trailer??? :think:

Most places charge by the axle, 2 axles on a bike so we pay the same a car. Add a trailer and you add an axle so you pay for three. I can see why we pay the same as a car….we do tear up the roads.

Dang good question you got there Condor..

I thought all tolls have a sign that state they charge by the number of tires...

2 wheel, 4 wheel...18..wheels..:confused24:... in your case.. it would be a 4 wheeler...:think:

Around here they charge by the extra axles. One axle trailer is double, and a tandem axle is triple the base cost. Some of our bridges are now charging $4 bucks per, and I think the Golden Gate is $5. A tandem trailer will bump you up to $12-$15 bucks.

Around here they charge by the extra axles. One axle trailer is double, and a tandem axle is triple the base cost. Some of our bridges are now charging $4 bucks per, and I think the Golden Gate is $5. A tandem trailer will bump you up to $12-$15 bucks.

Hey guys, I meant to say they charge by axles..... not tires.....my bad...

Heck it was early in the morning and I didnt have my coffee yet.. :rasberry:

Most places charge by the axle, 2 axles on a bike so we pay the same a car. Add a trailer and you add an axle so you pay for three. I can see why we pay the same as a car….we do tear up the roads.

The only "tearing up" of the roads that we do is haulin' a$$! Even with the 800+lbs of our bike and a couple hundred for the trailer, the road doesn't even know we're there!

Actually we shouldn't be charged at all. But when I was on the tollway in Ks they charged me the same as a dually truck haulin' a cattle trailer! Which I didn't hesitate to point out to the toll taker, she didn't care. :doh:

Ask muffinman about NY!

Here in the Northeast they all charge by the axle and it's BS... Another pet peeve of mine is the Maine State Ferry Service charges a MC the same rate as a car... Even Mass. gives bikes a break on their ferrys... UBM is trying to fix that..

Muffinman was telling me once that if you contact the governor's office (I think that is whom he spoke too) about pulling a trailer behind the scoot , they will instruct you to contact by writing the Toll-Robbers to get reimbursed . It's just the hassle one would have to go through to get the $$ back . Maybe Muffinman will jump in and say what/how/or whom the contact .

BEER30

Most, but by no means all, toll roads have some sort of alternate route. And its usually more scenic too!

Kinda what I was thinking. The only toll (that I am aware of) we have in MN comes in the form of high speed driving awards. :whistling:

Kinda what I was thinking. The only toll (that I am aware of) we have in MN comes in the form of high speed driving awards. :whistling:

I agree with the toll roads, but it's a long ride of probably 150+ miles to go from SF to the north penninsula via the freewqay system... and it ain't purdy... than cough up the $12-$15 bucks to go over the 1/2 mile Golden Gate Bridge. They got us by the nads... I wonder if we could get the bridge authorities to issue MC exemptions.... Nah!!!