IGNORED

Tire wear patern

Kregerdoodle

Well, you can't really tell much from a dirt pattern on the tread - that could simply be because you have a dirt driveway with a right curve in it, or even just a dirty approach to your garage.

Bike tires in countries where we ride on the right side do tend to wear more on the LEFT side of the tire (opposite your pictures), but you can't really tell that until the tread gets near the end of its life. I have posted pictures and information on this in the past. The reason for the excess left-side wear is not really known, but speculation suggests a combination of the road crown and longer arcs in left turns compared to right turns.

I don't think you have anything to worry about unless you have a worn out tire that clearly shows less rubber left on the right side instead of the left. If that happens, you need to look at frame alignment and excessive weight distribution problems. :080402gudl_prv:

Goose

I would take several measurements of tread depth in both directions from the center line towards the rim edge.

These measurements would be taken in several places around the tire, then

The patteren of measurements would tell if you are out of (or off) center..

Dont go by the dirt lines on the tread as V7Goose mentioned.. I agree you cant judge the tread depth or wear patteren by the dirt lines

Thanks alot for all the input, Gunboat ( Don ) came out today and he looked at also, if you look beyond the dirt you can see the actual wear marks on the tires, and they are pretty much the same.. I just wasn`t sure so wanted to bring it up to the pro`s on the site. Thanks again!

Kreg