IGNORED

US Airway plane in Hudson River....

mini-muffin

The plane evidently went in the Hudson river. Not sure how this happened. Just started showing it on one of the news channels. Looks like everyone got out and the darn thing is floating. Good thing so the folks can get out. That waters got to be really cold.

Margaret

Fox News is running a LIVE feed on this tragedy right now......150+ passengers but no positive confirmation that everyone got out alive.
CNN.com also has a live feed (posted above) and one of the passengers was just interviewed and said he's pretty sure all aboard the plane are safely off.

It seems they got it on a Hook, otherwise it would have been submerged by now. I've seen most Parts sticking out of the Water when i posted the Link.

Yep....There is a very large NYFD tugboat that has cabled the plane and is not only keeping the plane afloat but towing it as well.:D

Take a Look at the Map ...

http://maps.google.de/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=La+Guardia+Airport&daddr=W+51st+St&hl=de&geocode=%3BFeQPbgIdcueW-w&mra=ls&sll=40.765835,-73.99189&sspn=0.009491,0.022745&ie=UTF8&ll=40.754825,-73.93327&spn=0.303761,0.727844&t=h&z=11

Premliminary Cause .... Geeses !!!

That was good Luck and obviously a good Pilot. If he wouldn't have managed to get into the River .... How many Lives would have been lost ? If i'd be on that Flight, i'd buy a Lot of Lottery Tickets now !!!

If I was on that Flight I'd be doing deep breathing exercises for a few days just to get my pucker factor down to normal............

The plane landed with a pressurized cabin....no damage suffered during the landing.....landing gear UP.....The REAR door was kept SHUT. Evacuation took place using the FRONT door only. NYFD Rescue Boats were on the scene within 2 minutes of the plane hitting the water. Only a well seasoned Pilot could have pulled off that landing and kept his wing tips out of the water. Amazing job IMHO.

Am I getting this right? Pilot says they few into a flock of geese?

That's what I heard as well... supposedly during takeoff. At least that's what CNN's little scroller was saying. Would make sense why the plane didn't make it far if it was during takeoff. One of the passengers they interviewed said they all heard a loud bang, and then the smell of smoke. I can only assume they got sucked into an intake or something. :confused07:

The ones we have stay here too year round. I have never eaten one.

They did have a baby on the plane when it went down and it's at a hospital in Jersey.

Hope they tell us the pilots name cause if you gotta fly that's the guy you want up front. :Laugh:

Planes tied up to a pier at the moment. Looks kinda funny on tv.

Margaret

Well Guess I ought to try one sometime. Might have to head up to visit you to do it. :Laugh:

Margaret

The Welcome Mat is always out for Venture riders so bring it on.:banana:

Ya don't have to worry bout chomping down on buckshot with the birds I cook/serve.....we nail em with .22 caliber head shots.:D

Geese..yeah Flock big enough to show up on radar. Engines ingested a sufficient number to stop and/or damage them. They're designed to survive bird ingestion, but too much of a bad thing is...well.... a bad thing!!!! Pilot did a jam-up job. On top of it all.....he put that sucker down almost right in front of the ferry terminal. There were more boats available than you could shake a stick at!!! Nicely done.

Must have been a flock, and each engine got more then one.

I have pull Bird left overs out of engines more then once. But never more then one, and nothing that big. One came into Seattle one night with a mallard duck in the Intake Fans. But apparently the crew never knew about it.

We did have a plane come into Seattle one day, a Canadian Goose had gone right thru the Radome, fiberglass nose of a 757. About a 15 inch diameter hole in the radome fiberglass, and totally destroyed the Radar Antenna.

This particular goose strike I remember Vividly, because it happend at around 24,000 feet SEA to Anchorage flight, about over Vancouver B.C. I remember the guys at work, were quite amazed the Goose could fly that high. But the Flight report was very Specific. And we pull out the pieces, and it was a Canada Goose. !!

Oh Well---