IGNORED

Colorado Chaps

SaltyDawg

Just wanted to let everyone know about a really good set of chaps, well at least I think so. Over the Christmas Holidays I ordered a set of chaps from http://www.coloradochaps.com/motorcycle_chaps.html I ordered the Heavy Duty 1000 denier cordura nylon with fleece lining and the knee/shin pads.

I was waiting for a cold day to test them and get a good idea of what they feel like. First and foremost I really like these chaps. It was 33 when I left my house and 30 when I got to work and today was the first day I rode with the knee pads in. I can say that it was the first day of riding in weather below 40 that my knees didn't hurt, in fact when I took them off my knees and shins were actually very warm to the touch. Another plus for me was that they loop over your belt so you don't have another belt around your waist digging into your back. They ride higher on your legs covering more of your upper thigh and they don't weigh you down. They are very light about 1/4 the weight of comparable leather chaps.

Last year I didn't wear chaps below 45 degrees, I wore a snowmobile suite to keep warm, today the chaps kept me warm.

BTW it's a 50 mile ride to work so there was plenty of time to get cold. I highly recommend these chaps even though they are a bit pricey. I intend to get a pair of the light weight ones for summer. Gonna pack my old heavy leather chaps away for good.

Oh yeah they are custom made for you, just send them your thigh size and inseam and they will get them out to you. They had mine in the mail in 3 days.

• 2 weeks later...

SaltyDawg , I just ordered a set also. My wife talked to the owner and she makes each one, so each set is coustom made. I also got the lined with the knee protectors. Hope they work good. I liked the idea of the knee protectors.

Thanks for the info.

tew47:225:

Just wanted to let everyone know about a really good set of chaps, well at least I think so. Over the Christmas Holidays I ordered a set of chaps from http://www.coloradochaps.com/motorcycle_chaps.html I ordered the Heavy Duty 1000 denier cordura nylon with fleece lining and the knee/shin pads.

+1 from me. I didn't get knee/shin pads, just the fleece lined cordura. I used to wear thermal underwear if it was below 40. Now I just wear these chaps over my jeans. I'm 6' 2" and near 400 lbs. Try finding chaps to fit... especially for a reasonable price. These didn't cost me any more than they would for you 'little' guys. I don't remember the ladies name who owns the company, but she was a pleasure to deal with.

No Mike they are not pink.:hurts: They are black.

TEW47 I think you will be very happy with them. They are very comfortable and the knee/chin protecters really do keep the cold off of my knees. Very warm.

BigShell I know what you mean about finding chaps that fit. I was surprized that larger ones didn't cost extra either. I too wore thermals below 40, but my knees would always hurt from being cold, not anymore. I have used them without the pads and while they are still warm, they are not near as warm as with the pads in them. They really do make a difference.