IGNORED

putting venture carbs on 96rsstd?

if i find some 32mm carbs in good shape sometime in the future, i was wandering how easily or difficult it is to adapt these to a 1996 rsstd? what other parts would i need to purchase or look for used, and what other tech tips will i need to know? any and all input will be appreciated. i know that this enhancement is supposed to make a major difference, and if i keep the bike, which i probably will, i will try to do this task. thanks, Mark.

Yes, the 32mm carbs will make a huge difference in how the bike runs. Add some VMX cams too, and your bike will be good for 90 rear wheel hp, about a 50% increase over stock. It's not too difficult to do. Once I had all my parts lined up and ready to go, it took me one afternoon to have it all done and running. Here's an article that should pretty well answer your questions. The intake boots require some milling work, and also need some adapter plates to get the right bolt mounting pattern. There is a drawing for the adapter plates there that you can take to a machine shop to do this for you, or you send your parts to me and I can do it also.

clicky

All years of the 32mm carbs and intakes are the same. Any of them will work. If you ever have any other questions, I'm always around.

Thanks for putting up a pic of your bike. I like the '96s for some reason. I believe that blue/white scheme was a one bike per dealer item. There aren't very many of those around. All the rest of them were red/white like mine.

The colors offered for the 1996 model were as follows:

New White / Mature Red

Bluish White / Blue Metallic

Yamaha Black

Milky Brown / Yamaha Black

Bluish White / Dark Blue Cocktail

At least these are the colors Yamaha offers for the fuel tanks and fenders for the 1996 Royal Star models. Think there were only Standard and Tour Classic that year.

My guess is that Lynn (pegscraper) has of cause the New White / Mature Red

Okiestrrider with Bluish White / Dark Blue

BJB with Bluish White / Blue Metallic

What do you guys think ? Please correct me if I am wrong. These color info can sometimes be a little confusing.

hey man, i appreciate all the help. i found some carbs on ebay off of an 07 model. will make an offer. the color on my bike is dark blue & white with red pin strip seperating the two. according to the vin number & engine & model numbers this bike was a California edition or specific bike? pegscraper will probably be hearing from me if and when i get the parts together for this project. this bike is already modified with an big air kit, and dyna 3000 ignition. runs stronger than some of the others i have rode from the same era. poor fuel economy though. i added a stock windshield and a solo look with a mustang fender bib. also a nice radiator grill cover i found on ebay. like the new look. will get some pics together.

Edited by okiestrrider
mistake about model number meaning.

StarFan - Where did you get that information? I didn't know the '96s were available in so many colors. I thought it was the usual one per year plus the special edition color.

Hotrod - Sorry, I do not. I followed the cam removal and installation instructions in the Clymer's manual. It was what I had at the time. I'm sure that Y's manual would work as well too. This took me a day and a half. The cams aren't too bad, but the springs are pretty tedious and time consuming to do. They take most of the time. The carb swap took me only about four hours.

if you look in the member's list for Al and look up crawdaddy, he has the milky brown and black color scheme. i have seen many of the differant color schemes for 96, i have a wrecked 96 with the blueish white and dark blue cocktail. yamaha also had some custom painted bike thru the years that you run across thru time.

StarFan - Where did you get that information? I didn't know the '96s were available in so many colors. I thought it was the usual one per year plus the special edition color.

Hi Lynn.

Well first of all I scan Craigslist and eBay as well as other media for Royal Stars on a regular basis so I did remember that there were at least four colors for the 1996. But just to be on the safe side I went to a Yamaha Dealers website, yamahaofwarren.com and simply went on there spare part list and looked up a fuel tank for the Royal Star 1996. There they list all the different colors for the tanks in this specific year. :thumbsup2:

Very smart Idea !! :thumbsup2::thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

I´m a smart guy Squeeze. To prove it then think about this:

I have two motorcycles - One in Iceland and one in USA and my wife is happy with me,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Still have not figured out the catch but time will tell.

Gotta run.

Have to vacum the living room, clean the bathroom, tidy up the kitchen, wash the curtains, clean the windows, change the bedsheats, do the laundry, cook dinner, walk the dog and water the plants before my wife comes home from the gym.

:doh: