IGNORED

Edsets Universal Adapter

ediddy

I've posted on this twice before but today learned something new. First, I bought one of the edsets adapters that let you plug in earbuds with the intercom. I used a pair of earbuds my wife bought at walmart for $14.00. The adapter and earbuds are great except for the click of the engine I hear in the earbuds. I bought a pair of koss earbuds at walmart for $24.00 and I didn't get any engine noise in them so I bought a second adapter so my wife can use earbuds with the intercom also. Today I received the second adpater and plugged in the koss earbuds. Music is great until I started the engine and then click, click, click. I noticed the intercom volume was at 16 so I turned the volume down to zero and guess what? No engine clicking in the earbuds. If you want to listen to music only turn the intercom volume down and there is no noise. This brings another question to mind. If I have the mike mute installed will I get the engine noise when the intercom is set to 16 since the intercom doesn't work until you press the talk button?

Yes, you will get total silence with the mic mute. Same as turning the intercom down all the way. I too have experienced the same thing that you did with the clicking and the intercom turned up. I was able to get rid of it by slightly moving the wires under the left side of the gas tank but not everybody has had success with that. I have the Mic Mute now and no longer have to worry about it though.

Thanks Freebird for the info. I looked up the older threads on the mic mute and installation. I see that you need to split the fairing and remove the tank. How long overall should this installation take? Thanks.

I had the same problem on my 2007 RSV.I pulled the seat and tank and moved all the wires around,but the problem was still there.I then split the faring and put dielectric grease on all the radio connections in the big bundle next to the radio.I didn't know

which one did what,so I pulled them all apart and seated them 3 or 4 times to make

sure all the pins were clean and getting a good connection.Coated them all with dielectric

grease when putting back together.My intercom level is still set at 13 where it was.So

far,no more problems.You can use a small balloon or finger cot that fits tight over the

microphone and then put the windsock back on over it to eliminate any wind noise

you get through the headset with a passenger for very little cost.Mine is now clear

and static free.