IGNORED

Cutting the Windshield

Sky Pilot

Ok, I can't stand it anymore. I can ride year round here in Florida, but the mist on the windshield is killing me. I thought I could get used to looking through it, but now I want to cut it down but I am unsure of the proper technique. If anyone knows, please let me know and I would be grateful. I have most of the tools I think I need, ie. dremel, jig saw, scroll saw and patience. Help please!

Sky Pilot

Go to your glass place that cuts regular and car glass...they can cut it. I asked the glass place by us ...and they would charge me 20 dollars to cut them down and make the edged smooth.

I bought a shorter windshield from show chrome for 69 dollars.

I've cut a few of them - mask off cutting line so your drawing your line on the tape, both sides. Make a pivot point center of trim below, I use a perm marker for a bold line, tie it on a string to length of your high point and mark from side to side. Use a fine cut new blade on a jig saw, cut slowly less heat, then sand the edges with some heavy - then light steel wool - clean up and ride.

i've cut off about 5 of them. even did an aftermarket one. you can do it on the bike. when you get done it will look like a factory job. don't have time to post the process right now, dinner is getting ready but i will tonight or tomorrow. it is a piece of cake. if i forget, and you still want to know, pm me. i've got a really neat way of figuring out the exact amount to cut off. this is the area that is very easy to screw up. bill :2133: